Sinister: Wisdom (teeth and otherwise)

ArtsyDeco at xxx.com ArtsyDeco at xxx.com
Tue Aug 7 16:06:05 BST 2001

Christ, I'm feeling better finally and I wake up to all this anger in my
inbox.  I spent yesterday, after having teeth ripped from my skull,all four
of them impacted, alternately passing out and throwing up.  Yeh, turns out I
have an adverse reaction to anesthesia and strong pain killers.  My advice
for the day, if you can avoid seeing your food in reverse through bloody
guaze, by all means, avoid it.  I spent the night in excruciating pain
because I wouldn't take anymore pain killers to avoid the unpleasantry
mentioned above.  And I can only eat soft food.  I never want to see jello or
pudding again as long as I live.  The teeth dont even really hurt anymore.
My mouth tastes of mangled gums and blood and stitches.  My dad couldn't
believe the size of the sutures they got in there,  I'm a mess.

Now I've got a bit to say on the whole East Coast rant.  Both parties have
made their respective points, and all the anger and harsh words have even
prompted some to want to leave the list.  I think it's time for a cease fire.
 As Mr. Peter Carter pointed out to me "If you want a band that's all for the
fans, go with Westlife."  He's right you know.  The whole reason we like
belle and sebastian is that their commitment to their music is stronger than
anything else.  If they were swayed by every whinging fan, then what kind of
band would they be.  I think most of us understand that for us, who are not
directly involved with the band, to expect to have any control over where
they go and what they do is a bit ridiculous.  In a bit of defence for the
angry americans (not much though mind you) it is terribly frustrating to know
that your favorite band will be in your country and you won't be able to see
them.  Still a "Please come and see us over here when you do get the chance"
would've been much more appropriat
e than the "fuck you for not coming to see us now" that we got.
  Still, I think Neil's comment about the Kyoto treaty was entirely uncalled
for.  Making a comment that basically takes a cheap shot at the entire
country is not necessary to tell of a few people that have made you angry.
The fact that they may have made similarly unreasonable comments is no
excuse.  If you're going to try to be the voice of reason, you ought to rise
above the antics of those being unreasonable.  The comment doesn't even make
much sense because: