Sinister: Is It Wicked Not To Care?

Keith Davis kdavis at xxx.com
Wed Aug 8 22:28:02 BST 2001

I have a complete sense of empathy for those who are not able to attend
the U.S. shows for Belle and Sebastian. But as we may know, a lot of
what is desired in British/ European music is unattainable for us
Americans. This is a special treat as this tour is in conjunction with
the release of Todd Solondz' movie "Storytelling". If you are familiar
with his work, this is a great mixture of creative forces! I could see
"If Your'e Feeling Sinister" as the soundscape to "Welcome To The
Dollhouse". "Happiness" was a bit dark for B & S. But I presume that the
next film, set in the American suburb's, will be just as twisted and
daring. I am counting the days until the film, c.d. release and concert.

Been listening to a lot of varying things these days-

Rufus Wainwright-"Poses"
Air-"10,000 MZ Legend"
Travis-"The Invisible Band"
Coldplay-"Parachutes"