Sinister: photojolie, requests, me me me, johnjohns not scary, random thought about Ken Chu

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Fri Aug 10 10:03:12 BST 2001

"Good morning, Sinister, how can I help you?"

Hey. guess who got a job?
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Todays my last day though, and I start a new one on
Monday. Its just working at reception for a big
company with a big office in Embra, with loads of
lovely bannisters you'd like to slide down, sept I'm
scared of heights (and a few other things.. but not a
lot cos I'm hard like that.) so I wouldn't slide down
them myself.

I'm allowed to access the net as well, cos theres not
much else going on. Which means I sit here reading e
mails, particularly the sinister digests every
morning. Almost as good as a newspaper delivered to
your door.

So you know, if any of you fancy e mailing me this
morning (or this afternoon) on Friday, and keeping me
entertained and stuff, feel free.

Okay.

so, Angelina Jolie+Belle+Sebastian, huh?
hmm.
It could be grate.
It could be awful.
I mean, imagine... its going to be in loads of
newspapers and stuff in the "stars gossip" columns.
The little man in the newsagent will read about it in
his copy of the Sun. The bus drivers will read about
it in the Mirror during their tea breaks (which,
incidentally, they take just as you're running late,
and want the bus to drive round the corner on time).
Your boss will read about it in the Mail.
And the headlines will be something along the lines of
"Hollywood star to duet with Brit Award Scandal Band".
Only punchier, and more puns. I'm never gonna be a
journo unless I can think of good headlines.
Lazy Line Painter Jolie?
Hmm.
"Like Jolie In the Movies"?
uhhh.

Anyway. Then there will be this huge thing, where all
these kewl wee trendies buy it, whatever it is, and
then B+S will get to number 5, and there will be loads
of hoohaha til Posh Spice splits her knickers and the
paparazzi chase her.
Then when B+S do another single or something.. what
will happen?

Will Chris Geddes get stalked by paparazzi when he
nips out in the morning to buy his milk for his
Frosties?
Will Stuart Murdochs sordid lovelife get splashed
across the second page, opposite some page three girl?
Will Isobel Campbell reiterate Garbo's line "I vant to
be alone" ?
Will Mick Cooke start dating All Saints members and
hang out at the Met Bar?
Will Richard Colburn get asked to be a naked
centrefold by Cosmopolitan magazine?
More importantly, would he do it? (I dunno if I really
want to know the answer to this one.)

And then what? will the new legion of fickle
teenypoppers drop B+S like a luke warm potato when
Britney Spears releases a new single? And what of we,
sinister? shall we have to pick up all the pieces when
it all gets too much? Will we get laughed at in the
street when it all goes down the drain, for being fans
of those "one hit wonders"? I mean, we know what we're
talking about, but theres a lot of folk who don't.

who knows, kids, who knows.
Someone said something on sinister about how there was
all this America vs Scotland thing.

I don't think thats acurate at all. I mean, I think at
points, and I know Honey would rather I didn't
analysise it, but you know, it got out of hand,
turning into this nation vs nation thing. And I don't
think its fair to say it was really. It was a matter
of different opinions. I don't recommend it to anyone.
I remember what happened last time I tried it and
called America a bunch of thingies and said we should
build a fence round them, and oops. I think I hit a
sore point. Apparently people don't like you doing
that. Dunno why not.
*shrugs*

And yeah, Johnjohn isn't scary. Hes lovely. I'd adopt
him if I could.

there was something else I was thinking of but I can't
remember what it was/ is. Oh hang on.. yes I can.

Ken Chus Cheerleading Squad.

what colours do they wear?

Ta.

all for now.