Sinister: Jolie and the Dream of Horses

Lee & Lisa leesa at xxx.com
Fri Aug 10 14:24:05 BST 2001

Shout shout, let it all out,Hipkids!

I, for one (and quite  possibly a few more than just one), am SO happy at
this moment in time...Why? I'm going to see our Beloved Belles and those
Sinister Sebastians in Seattle! Streaking across the sky in honour of all
things most twee and delicious... and entering the ranks of superfandom
(read as the new name for OCD) as I do so. How did I ever get to be so
lucky? Working my (Tex)ass off all summer and saving the few pennies the
community college gives me that makes me flush with bread crusts and
tattered tweeshirts, that's how! Seriously, folks, the plane fares are so
good right now--made one of my dearest dreams a definite reality! Hope many
of you can do the same.

Maybe this is just goofy (hell, isn't that what we love most about Sinister?
Goofyness?)...but I just love it when B&S namecheck "lisa" in a song. Damn
straight, who in hell *does* need boys when there's Lisa 'round?Any other
namechecked souls feel the same?

Btw, I'm not commenting much further on the subject title...it's just so
darn easy to sing in place of Judy!

I'll leave you with something silly (that will hopefully erase the
Jolie/Judy substitution currently swirling around in your respective
brains...) Know the John Cougar (how could he ever deny his "cougar-osity"?)
Mellencamp song "Jack and Diane"? Well, if you want to laugh histerically,
try singing the line "Suckin' on a chili dog" to EVERY line in the song! It
worked for me. (I'm turning 34 on Sunday...emotional age=12, but this point
is probably obvious!).

Yours in geekery,
Lisa from Texass