Sinister: for blake: girls 101

lindsey baker beautifulconfusion at xxx.com
Fri Aug 10 15:27:53 BST 2001

hello sinister.

after hearing from so many lovely people after my last post, i said to
myself i wasn't going to post again for a bit so as to not betray the
loveliness i actually might posess myself. but blake's question is just too
juicy.

he said:
so, i ask you, chicks/girls/broads--what are the tell-tale,
obvious signs of likage and/or infatuation?  a flip of the hair?  a twinkle
in the eyes?  a flip of the bum?

well, blake, the fact of the matter is, we girls haven't really figured the
answer to this out yet, either. most of us, i think i can venture to say,
hope our eyes twinkle all the time. hair and bum flipping -- well, maybe
that means she likes you. or maybe it means she has a hair in her eye or a
wedgie.

likage is a funny thing for the girl to express -- seventeen tells us to be
confident and independent and empowered but to make sure we don't apply too
much of that strawberry flavored lip goo as the hunks don't like kissing
sticky things. so suffice it to say that if a girl talks to you or
compliments you or asks for the time, she's probably interested in you in
some way.

a classic flirtation move i utilize is forearm touchage. if the girl is
laughing at what you said or agreeing with you and just reaches out to touch
your arm for further emphasis -- bam. you're in. we don't touch people we
think are toads, and this is maybe the best thing to remember.

but if i saw you at billy elliot, that'd be enough for me. sensitive, artsy
twee types are in demand, my friend. at least they are in nebraska.

ok. the love guru is tired and doubting that she helped, which means it's
time to start jonathan david over and figure out how to burn off that
doughnut i just ate.

*lindsey