Sinister:, A, Nice, Idea...

Sunset . sunnie_set at xxx.com
Sun Aug 12 08:52:25 BST 2001

It all started on a Friday night getting a little drunk. It then continued
by a visit to #sinister.
I met zozie-dimitra who said to me: "wouldn't it be a nice idea if I came
and visited you in Scotland and then we travelled down to Spain on a train
to see Belle and Sebastian? "
I thought it did seem a nice idea so said: "ok"
I bought an inter-rail pass, ticket for the Benicassim festival, and a new
Walkman.
When I bought the ticket for the festival. I wondered if the trip would
really happen but it felt a nice thing to do. The ticket added extra depth
to an impossible dream.

A couple of weeks later I skived of work a little early to catch a train to
London in order to meet Zozie. We walked for a day and half, collecting
blisters, before finding a train to Dundee and after much convincing (gun
pointed to head) I convinced Zozie that it is a great place to live. She
then went on to visit Glasgow and Edinburgh and decided Glasgow was much
nicer (not that I’m bitter or anything!)
I had promised my dog that we would go to a picnic… I think she is
infatuated with several people and had been going on about how she would
kiss them all when we got there. Unfortunately she decided to go swimming
and nobody wanted to kiss her back.

Around this time I fell of the same chair twice.
This has nothing to do with the rest of the story… But “when your legs are
black and blue its time to take a holiday”
So we started our journey, stopping off at Milton Keynes along the way. Well
wouldn’t you? In case you don’t know Milton Keynes has two big attractions:
1)	A club where you can play twister on stage
2)	KEN!
After managing to visit both of these things in one night we caught a train
to Paris.  There, our plans of taking an overnight train to the north of
Spain were disrupted. Instead we managed to get one to Bordeaux even though
it was totally in the wrong direction. I stood in front of an open window
outside my cabin and watched Paris at night while wind blew in my face...
things like that made me glad I didn't just fly.
Somehow or other we reached Barcelona early the following evening and in
between rushing around buying tickets for the next train and buying food I
heard someone shout my name... I looked around and it was Vanessa from
sinister... I had never seen her before in my life...weird huh??
And the next day we met more sinister people with whom we to harassed in
order to share experiences such as standing at for 4 and half hours in the
heat waiting for Belle and Sebastian… or sleeping on the street in Valencia
with. And whom we somehow managed not to be with when they did things like
play football or teach Stuart Murdoch how to dance.
The last few weeks have been amazing, unforgettable and totally impossible
without certain people.
So thanks to:
Zozie for coming up with such a nice idea for a trip
Will and Gordon for satisfying my dog’s desires with another picnic
Ken for being such a brilliant host
Belle and Sebastian for being such a brilliant band
And the biggest thanks of all to Honey for setting up this list and making
all these things possible.

Rachel