Sinister: I come knocking at your door ... you don't live there anymore

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Tue Aug 14 11:10:53 BST 2001

if you're looking for a change in image or a change in
lifestyle, I recommend contracting tonsillitis.  do
you contract tonsillitis?
let me expand:

since getting tonsillitis and getting rid of
tonsillitis and then getting it again three things
have happened.  that I have noticed.  so far.

I. acquired a new hairstyle [due to lengthened
bed-rest]

II. lost twelve pounds in weight [at least]

III. got rid of a lot of friends due to my talking
about tonsillitis.

I'm on the look-out for new friends.  obviously.  or,
at least, I'll act like I am.

this could be the start of a whole new life for me.

thank you tonsillitis!

the london picnic is scheduled for the twenty-fifth of
august?  and people were arranging entertainment or
dancing or something for the evening?  hey!  dean
friedman's playing at the spitz on the evening of that
day.  so.  yeah.  arrange some entertainment or
dancing or something.

there's supposed to be another picnic being arranged
in scotland too.  right?

I watched my black sessions/beat patrol cassette again
recently.  the picture quality really isn't so great.
but you get the idea.  I got it in while I was
holidaying.  from ditch records in victoria on
vancouver island in british columbia in canada.  north
america.  the man said there had been a leak the night
before and the cassette might be water damaged.  so he
gave me if for half price.  the price was already
quite little as it was.  I don't think the bad picture
quality has much to do with the leak the night before.
 I brought a lot of things back from canada.  I think
I left some things there too.

dimitra's post was lovely.  of course.  and I'll
pretend [in my head] like I had something to with her
liking glasgow a lot.

there are a few promises of people having flats or
houses and there being tea parties or board game
tournaments.  I like promises.  I like promises.  I
like promises after they've been kept and you've got
nothing to look forward to.  and I like promises that
won't be kept too, but only while you still think they
will be kept.  I like tea.

my brother had a party at his flat on friday and he
invited me and I went.  and he had lots of friends
there than I had never met.  and I made a joke about
christmas presents and how good they are and a few
people liked it.  but none of seemed them liked it as
much as I did.  although I didn't let anyone know that
I liked it at all.  and I drank two bottles of wine
and passed-out.  I got the train home the next day
with my brother.  and we drank coffee in the station.
and we must have appeared as if we were grown-ups.

it was very wet yesterday.  but it didn't seem to
affect my new hairstyle much.

and I'm back into glasgow today to choose a detail to
draw at a lot of different scales for no reason.  and
to read a thousand pages of fire regulations for one
little piece of information.  and draw stuff.  yeah.

I have less than a fortnight.  and I'll know if I'll
be continuing.

my mum works for the SQA.  but she didn't last year.

I thought about including a story I wrote at the
weekend.  but why would I do that?  anyhow, I got all
the angles wrong.

there's a thing about angles.  maybe.

from: richard.