Sinister: CONCENTRATE!!!

u07lec at xxx.uk u07lec at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 14 15:21:52 BST 2001

hello people,
Is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on ANYTHING at the moment?
Summer is great.....if you don't have to work during the day. And even if I
wasn't working during the day, the weather is unbelievably crap here: it's all
muggy and horrible, but without all the sunshine that usually goes along with
summer. And I had to get a job with a company whose office is on the industrial
estate where the sun never shines, and we're lucky if there's no haar (sp?)
coming in off the sea. (anyone in Aberdeen will know exactly where I mean....).
I have spent most of this morning listening to new cds on borrowed headphones
at work; idleberry recommended the appendix out album 'the night is advancing',
and it truly is grate.
Also grate is the film I went to see last night at my friendly local arthouse
cinema (or the closest aberdeen has to such a thing); it's called 'code
unknown' and is a french film, it has juliette binoche in and was up for awards
at cannes, so i assume it will be on fairly wide release, and I thought it was
fantastic, quite frankly. My cinema partner didn't like it quite as much, he
said it didn't have much of a 'theme' (he's a conceptual artist, so these
things are quite important to him; I'm a science person, so I'm not fussy),and
he liked shrek better, but he still agreed it was a Good Film. Go and see it if
you like people-watching. Don't go and see it if you like car chases,
explosions, or plots that involve somebody killing the butler, and everyone
thinbking it was the cook, but then it was actually the cook's arch-enemy back
from a long trip, dressed as the cook, and the cook was actually in the coal
bunker, dead, all the time. (see? I could write detective novels, no problem).

Content for this post is that I may be in London for the next picnic, depending
on money and whether the lovely priscila can put up with me for a whole
weekend. I've got several pairs of knickers in various hues packed already.

Congratualtions to Jenowl on getting straight ones in her exams.
And congratulations to richard's mum for making sure jenowl got to find out she
got straight ones in  her exams before she had to draw her pension.
And no congratulations for me for successfully spelling 'congratulations'....

This may seem like a silly question so ask on sinister, but it's almost twee,
so... does anyone know of any nice places to go on holiday in spain? I'm
looking for something out of all the resorts, a little cottage or villa or
something in the mountains, to take a week's holiday in september, so if anyone
knows of anywhere, or any good travel agent-type places where i might find
somewhere, please email me off-list. Any advice on which part of spain is
nicest for that sort of thing would also be appreciated, as I haven't even
decided that much yet.

And what's happened to all the posts??? Show some consideration for those of us
who have to work all day, and rely on sinister posts to entertain us!! Everyone
post more, post every day, ten posts a day. Or, alternatively, avoid being
thrown off sinister, and send me stuff instead.

take care,
lyns