Sinister: blow flies and mum

Megan Conniff ceasetocare at xxx.com
Tue Aug 14 17:28:53 BST 2001

Eeek, someone send me some sinister mail, I'm practically banging my head
against the side of my cubicle.

You guys remember mum? The band belonging to to Fold Your Hands Child cover
stars? Well, read this:

Iceland pop experimentalists Múm were formed by Gunnar Örn Tynes, Örvar
Þóreyjarson Smárason, and classically trained twin sisters Gyða and Kristín
Anna Valtýsdóttir. Formed in 1997, the group met while working on a
children's play. Smárason found his perception of music changed through
hearing Aphex Twin and decided that he would abandon the guitar-based
concepts of his prior bands. This was fine and dandy with his bandmates.
Following a number of singles and remixes, the    full-length Yesterday Was
Dramatic - Today Is OK was released in 2000 through TMT/Thule in Iceland and
Tugboat in the U.K. Each of the band's four members was in their late teens
when the record was released, which was hailed for its playful and
imaginative use of all things musical and not so musical. 2001 saw the
release of Please Smile My Noise Bleed on Morr Music, a compilation of
remixes from the likes of Isan and Arovane. A second full-length was
released later in the year on FatCat. - Andy Kellman, All Music Guide

Sorry if that was so long that it ceased to be interesting, but I found it
entertaining, and it passes the time . . .

There's also pictures of them if you go to
http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/default.asp?oid=2042991
and their web site http://www.tugboatrecords.com/index.html?mum.html
(hope those work)

Thanks to everyone in #sinister last night (it was my first time), you were
all very friendly (ken, aunt sadie, countless other people) until the
incredible fantasy team golf thing began . . . I still have no idea what you
were talking about.

I'm just putting off sending this so that I don't have to stare at my empty
inbox again.

If I get one more phone call from a hysterical employee about the blow flies
breeding in their vents and the blow flies getting caught in their hair and
the blow flies falling into their coffee mugs I'm going to forward my phone
to the fax machine. I can't do anything about blow flies! I don't even know
what they are! Anyone know what a blow fly is and/or how to get rid of them?
Apparantly the sticky paper isn't working. I don't think the govt. is going
to spring for an exterminator. Are blow flies anything like mayflies (lame
attempt to insert something b&s related in here)?

- Megan