Sinister: "we, er, hee hee hee!, er don't have any banana."

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 14 21:00:46 BST 2001

Hey, sinisterbites,
I hope any of the Scottish student-type sinsterees got the grades they
wanted, I was hap-hap-happy to hear that Jen got straight ones, so
lets hear it from all of you!
I'm not an athletic type of person, in fact the only sport I partake
of is rock climbing and the occasional mountain bike ride, but today I
ran home. I don't like running when forced to do athletics, I don't
like running to get fit cos I think it's boring, and pointless to do
boring stuff when I don't even hold being fit that highly in the
scheme of things to do.Neither do I run to clear my head, but today, I
RAN. You, know, like when you're a child and you just decide to run
instead of walk, and you run so hard that you frequently fall over and
your legs go like ribena jelly and you feel silly cos it hurts but you
giggle anyway. Well I did that.

I felt it my right, because working in a box factory has taken a large
part of my childhood, one sinisterbite knows about this, yes I am of
course talking about the love of bubble wrap. When throwing huge rolls
about becomes a daily activity, you soon forget the hours of fun that
it once gave you.

I bought the Delgado's Great Eastern yesterday and the reindeer thingy
today, but haven't really listened to either good and proper yet, I
wish everyone would stop reminding me of cool music I do not have.
Well, I don't actually, I wish everyone would keep mentioning those
little obscure bands that are really cool because B&S were one of
those to me about two years ago.

I will dispel the rumour that Jeanette heard by telling you all
straight and true "I am not in any way a teenybopper." Sorry if this
offends you teenyboppers. Not really, serves you right for being one.
The "where did the word Struan come from" question still stands, I
have in fact been absolutely inundated by letters thanking me for
admitting to my ignorance and asking if I could spill the secret when
I get it so, if anyone DOES know, you could actually be the ONLY ONE
so mail me, name yourself and you will be pinned up with that legend
for ever.

Is anyone else annoyed that Oxfam has tried to be new and streetwise
and thrown out all their original seventies stuff? I now have to go to
the British Heart Foundation,which is way in town but thankfully it is
still a true aladdins cave for stuff.
Going to Newquay at the weekend, woo! I will not be clubbing, I will
be blasting B&S on the beach, eating mini-milks and twisters and
supping the purple goods.

Remembered something, went to Maccy D's the other day and asked for a
banana milkshake, was told they had no bananas today (No quote
intended) so I settled with strawberry. But a girly came in later and
asked for one, and it turned out they did have the banana stuff! But,
I was not annoyed, cos all my friends and me laughed reel hard,
imagining the sad little fella talking to his mates later on, going
"Get this, this lad in flares walked in and asked for a banana
milkshake, right, and I, ha ha, I told him we didn't have any! Ha ha
ha!" "Yeah, nice one Mark, I pulled the strawberry one yesterday!" Oh,
to work in Mac Dohs! If you were the guy who "pulled the banana one"
on me, thanks for a hilarious evening!

As ever, love to you all, I think it's a while since I last expressed
my appreciation to you for all being so...yes. Thanks.
See you in BHF (if you live in Sheffield)
Corduroy Boy Tom

P.S. I have decided not to be so lazy, mssng t ll th vwls t my sgntre.
Heh heh heh. how clever of me...
P.P.S. Sorry to be a bug in the Ribena, Jen, but if you could
e-confirm the sending of the goods, I am quite literally babbing
myself in anticipation which, with your recently remembered toilet SOH
you will find hilarious.