Sinister: All night picnics of DEATH!!

JAMES GILMER patchworkz7 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 16 23:57:21 BST 2001

Hello Sinister people,

I find myself writing you from a brand-new computer, thanks to my old one
taking a spectacular crash.

I hope everyone is doing well, and that some of you are excited about the
upcoming Great Lakes Picnic.

I haven't gotten as large of a response about the Great Lakes Picnic this
time around, so if you're planning on coming, drop me a line, there may be
another picnic in October as well, we'll see.

Amy said:
A date was finally set for the Great Lakes picnic, on September 1, a day
that geehaws with most area sinsterites

I'm not generally one for geehaws, but I admit I geehawed. A small geehaw to
be honest, but a geehaw all the same.

Kirsten wrote about the strange party where there were boys who dressed up
like pooh bears and other boys with Garrison Keilor fascinations, and I must
apologize because I don't think there will be any boys dressed like pooh
bears at the Sinister Great Lakes Picnic. Personally, I regard the lack of
boys dressed as pooh bears as a Good Thing.

Tiggers are, of course, more than welcome. Tiggers are wonderful things you
know, that's the wonderful thing about them.

There will be Red Bull though, so I believe this makes up for the lack of
boys dressed up as Pooh Bears.

Matt said:
"I hope everyone has an ace time at the Great Lakes picnic.  So what happens
at American Picnics?"

Well, we just...um...you know...eh...you know what? I haven't a clue. I
think it's safe to assume it will at some point involve Red Bull and Vodka.
Seriously though, it will be ace, and I hope anyone who has a guitar or some
musical instrument will bring it. I think it's safe to say there will be
music galore as well, and lots of ace Sinister people to talk to. I'm hoping
there's a bit of dancing as well.

Rener said: "James Gilmer sent in some nice photos of B&S in lahndan and
aberrrdeen. very nice"

Thanks, glad you liked them, only the London photos are simply friends
unrelated to Sinister, the other B&S phots were from the Perth gig.

"Fold You Hands...etc" is probably my favorite album because it has "There's
Too Much Love", "Woman's Realm", "Waiting for the Moon", and "The Chalet
Lines" on it, four of my favorite songs from B&S.

Robin made some ace points, such as: "It's a series of experiments, some of
them exploding and others fizzing, that were precursors to the inventiveness
we've been hearing lately"

I agree completely with that statement.

Someone mentioned "The Heart is A Lonely Hunter" which is a gorgeously
astonishing book you should all read.

I have a confession...I think Ribena is crap, utterly overpriced crap that's
a step above Kool-Aid. Does this mean I have to turn in my IndieKid badge? I
suppose mentioning I don't like the Smiths will only further damn me?

*sigh*

I've heard some rumblings about Jonathan David as well, and I wanted to
chime in and say that I think it's quite good, all three of the songs on the
new single are good. They may not be eveyone's cup of Red Bull, but that's a
good thing, as explained by Robin's above quote.

I want a professional recording of Rhoda though. Now. It's a brilliant song
that reminds me of a girl I once knew.

Reading recommendation: "Ethics for the New Millennium" by the Dalai Lama,
because he's a very cool cat.
Website of the week: http://www.geocities.com/snackrelatedmishap/ because
it's insanely funny, and very true.
Song of the week: "Skylab Love Scene" by Sunset Valley, because I'm
listening to it right now.

Be Sinister...

Jim