Sinister: The State I Am In (Brazil!!)

Juliano Nobrega jnobrega at xxx.net
Fri Aug 17 02:52:01 BST 2001

Hello all.

It's been hard wacthing this much going on and just listening. Especially
with all this don't-go-west-go-east discussion. What I love about it is that
they're going (or coming) south, down to improbable and sunny Brazil...
Sorry, I think I should let you in on some background now... I've just been
let out of the nursery, so I'm a bit nervous... and anxious.

I live in Sao Paulo and don't think I need to tell you how excited we all
are about this whole B&S thing. And what's with this concert?? I'm not
complaining, I mean, I'm like counting the days, for christ's sake, but who
would think we'd get so lucky?!?!

You might have noticed that we have a consistent legion of fans over here
(myself humbly included). And with all this hype around the gigs, B&S are
actually getting quite a lot of press (considering what they would get
before) and even some airplay! And parties! And now people keep saying "i
read something about that scottish band you always drag on about" and get
interested and we actually tell some of them what B&S are all about and so
that's how you get a new brazilian B&S fan...

For those of you in the list that share my native language or just want to
adventure yourself in some portuguese B&S content, check out the site I've
put up:

www.belleandsebastian.com.br

I think it's pretty cool. You might not, but I hope you do. Anyway, just
come by and say hello. And let's have some brazilian picnics, we deserve it!

Great talking to you. Friday's an hour away, grate! See you all around.

Juliano
site » www.belleandsebastian.com.br
mail » juliano at belleandsebastian.com.br