Sinister: ringo in the bathtub using all your soap

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 17 18:10:52 BST 2001

  there was a girl at school we secretly used to call "la dolce
gilda."  she had lovely dark brown hair that swooped nicely over one
eye, and once i told her she had pretty hair and she said "thank you,
babycakes" and winked.  or maybe she blinked, i couldn't really tell
with that one eye covered.  she had a boyfriend who looked like nick
drake and once i saw the two of them armwrestling, and she had a red
heart tattooed on her bicep and she was wearing stilettos.  i think
she won.
  she was the sort of girl everyone would like to walk beside, but
she was a cocktail waitress at the hotel metro and i was spending
friday nights at the clubhouse pouring beer for the harley league. la
dolce was a dream, and we imagined she did things like lean
seductively on a piano in the velvet room, or maybe invent things.
  it was all ruined one day when emily saw her hunched over a table
at pizza shuttle stuffing her pretty face with spaghetti and
meatballs, a black bear raspberry soda pop and a dish of almond
custard, smoking newports.   her hair was in a ponytail and she was
wearing a grey hoodie and a faded pair of blue jeans.
  it was all very sad, and not unlike the episode of the wonder years
where a pair of tube socks flies out of that poor cheerleader's bra
during a football game and the boys are all heartbroken with
disappointment.  it's sometimes better not to know the truth.
   ...which is exactly why i have chosen to ignore those anti-
tobacco "truth" ads on television.  at the beginning of the month, i
had designated the 16th of august as my day to quit the cigs, and
here it is the 17th and i'm still puffing away like thomas the train
engine.  i quit for awhile by chewing lots of bubblegum, but that's
bad for the jaw, and i know because my flatmate lindsay used to chew
too much gum and she got something like TMJ and the doctor was
suspicious that her jaw had been overworked in *other* ways and this
all resulted in some anger and embarassment leading to lindsay and
her boy getting in a shouting match in the kitchen.  i'll stick with
the smokes, i think.
  xoxo
kirsten with a k as sharp as the devil himself

Care2 make the world greener!