Sinister: We Got Met By A Tear Gas Bomb

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 17 21:46:56 BST 2001

The provinces, again. Old inspirations. The piles of
clouds on every horizon through tinted windows. The
woods. The 'suburban' streets with their multiple
boozers. Left at the side of the road like a figure in
a film noir - but it's all in colour. DJ Cockfarmer
wasn't, mind. He wore all black. He's a Goth. You know
I said the Beard was Back? I was right.

DJC talked of what the Yanks think of the pinefox. It
is unrepeatable. Doctor Groove came on like a Czech
revolutionary poet. Terry Wogan did not perform the
Waggle Dance. sinister content: DJ Carsmile showed up
looking maybe like a Small Faces fan. He played no
Small Faces. On the Cowley Road I was excited to be on
the Cowley Road, obviously. The chippy was Cambodian,
but sold fish.

In the Latrino the kids came and went, and they
weren't talking of Di Livio. They headed downstairs
every gal jack of them to where hot action was. An
inferno, and a disco to wellington, I mean, boot. I
only went there for the bog, of Arran. I didn't see
Geneva Fairport, I think she'd already sailed.

DJCockfarmer spoke very intelligently about pop,
interviews, Lennon, the Clientle and, more crucially,
THE BOSS. If you'e not interested in the Boss, don't
worry - I am. DJC cleverly said that camp and irony
should be a personal thing, not a collective one. At
that point I felt I knew I was in the presence of a
pop thinker I could do business with. American
Express, ma'am? No, Oxford Tube.

DJC played some hits: 'We Could Walk Together',
'Piccadilly Palare', 'Rattlesnakes', 'TWBTAS'. He
marred it a little by playing his favourite songs of
recent times at the end, and giving me a full-frontal
chance to realize, once and for all, that they were
both turgid and terrible.

Emily Wsizskaskas implied that I was relatively
impenetrable; and I didn't mind.

Mooro said:

>>>I don't think enough of you have been reading the
second chapter of Peter Millers's novel Mucky Pups at
cos its only at Number One in the popularity listing.

Well, I certainly haven't. What do you think I am, a
fan of that geezer or something?

>>> one of her everso tender and loving "nothing
personal but if you're posting more than once a day
... " mails soon.

It's true. Stevie T and Ally96 have got to cool down
and post less often.

>>> Rener, did someone supply a full name for P F's
23rd best songwriter yet? I supposed Gene Clark, but
who knows in such an idiosyncratic listing.

Idiotic? We'll see who's idiotic.

Oh, I see.

Gene Clark, yes, of course.

>>> Isn't geehaw something to do with training horses
to turn left or right?

It's an invented verb.

[- Aren't they all? choruses the Pedants Against
Pedants Society.]

>>> Doesn't Kelvingrove's Museum & Art Gallery look
romantic during the sunset?

I don't know; but the English countryside does. I
think this is where I came in.