Sinister: Allusions of Paradise

Kyla Schuller kylaschu at xxx.com
Fri Aug 17 22:30:19 BST 2001

If the Pinefox is our Milton, let us hope he does not
have any daughters.

And I would like to echo the call for words of wisdom
from Velocity, our very own Jane Austen.  Wait, let me
explain. You see, Austen can be credited with not only
developing the style of dialogue known as indirect
discourse, but with the very genre of the novel
itself. Furthermore, she wrote with great wit and
irony about the great political topics of her day, all
the while cloaked as mere gossip about men with big
inheritances.

We can only hope Velocity inspires a similarly
productive literary genre. Indirect discourse may
already have been discovered, but Velocity leads the
way in indirect capitalization.  Only she can know the
psychological insights such a development will surely
bestow upon us all.

Words of encouragement must be extended to JohnJohn,
whose post of summer walks and broken hearts was
beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Final props go to Robin Stout for the eloquent green
vs. yellow defense. Let us hope your prediction is
true.

Does anybody else find the new white stripes album
engagingly depressing? it haunts me, especially the
line, " what would i like to have been? everything you
hate," it traps me in, i want to resist, i want to say
no! i will listen to sleater-kinney today and shout
and be happy! but instead, as i near the CD player, a
strange compulsion puts my hand in autopilot, and in
pops the smoothly white CD, like a nice clean slate, a
tabula rasa, only the future has already been written,
i know exactly what will happen. it's predetermined.
like luther, i can only study and pray that my deeds
will somehow affect my fate, which i know to be sealed
in alabaster.

anyway, we need a picnic mummy for SF on the 8th.  We
need a proper Golden Gate Park location, as well. We
need to warn all out-of-towners to expect bone-numbing
fog and winds. so let your fashion decisions be made
accordingly.

xo
kyla