Sinister: Saturday Sonnet

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Aug 18 11:42:15 BST 2001

I saw that film HIGH FIDELITY. THE BOSS makes a CAMEO appearance. I would
have preferred CAMEO to make a BOSS appearance. My favourite CAMEO song is
SINGLE LIFE. The film HIGH FIDELITY is terrible. They might just have been
able to pull it off with some homegrown talent like LENNY GODBER, EDNA
WELTHORPE and EDDIE YEATS in the cast. As it stands, it's one of the worst
films I'm ever seen.

On the RADIO BROADCAST of BELLE AND SEBASTIAN's Benicassim performance, the
annoying between song commentators kept saying that BELLE AND SEBASTIAN had
REFUSED to play the main stage because they were FRIGHTENED. Normally I
would ask someone at Banchory Central to confirm or deny this, but we're an
unofficial fan site. If it is true, BUNCH OF PUFFS. If it is false, WHO'S
BEEN SPREADING FALSE RUMOURS? And does anyone really care? I know I don't.
I've decided that the BELLE AND SEBASTIANS are REALLY IMMATURE, except for
SARAH.

I had never realised that FELT and DENIM are both fabrics. FELT had a song
called something like ALL MY FAVOURITE PEOPLE ARE THOSE THAT ARE DEAD. In
much the same spirit, I say ALL MY FAVOURITE LISTEES ARE THOSE THAT HAVE
UNSUBSCRIBED IN DISGUST. I hope they are all well. If I were a hospital
radio station I would now play THE CURE's IN BETWEEN DAYS and dedicate it to
departed listees. Other pop performers with fabric-related names include
STEVE SILK HURLEY, SATIN ODYSSEY and DOT COTTON. I hope this helps.

I am reading a book called KING OF THE WORLD by David Remnick. It is about
Muhammed Ali. It is near perfect, as is STRANGE FRUIT by DAVID MARGOLICK. It
is about current list favourite Billie Holiday. She's BLUDDY GRATE, at least
in this book. I think STRANGE FRUIT might be better than KING OF THE WORLD.
Which means it must be perfect.

Thank you Big Dave for mentioning MUCKY PUPS, provisionally retitled DOG
BUSINESS. I am very gratefull for any clicks. Modesty prevents me from
indulging in gratuitous self-promotion, but has anyone noticed the Ken P.
Chu content? Perhaps it becomes clearer in next month's chapter, which is
twice as long!

PF's list of Great Songwriters certainly had me scratching my head. Merrit
at number 8? There'd have to be a whole holocaust of songwriters for Merritt
to reach number 8. I was also puzzled by King at number 17. Now I like LOVE
AND PRIDE as much as the next man, especially in the extended 12 inch
format, but I can't think of a single other song written by the
spray-painted Doc Marten boys. I bet PF's editor contributed this one
anyway. Cole at number 25 is a joke as well. He's a right jobbie-faced
nob-end.

I wonder how Genviève is getting on in the Scotland region?

Sister Disco