Sinister: dreams and lyrics

Dimitra wonderer at xxx.gr
Sat Aug 18 19:52:04 BST 2001

These are the things that cheered me up today. The last few days I was
feeling I was too far away from where I should be. I was feeling
everything's wrong where I am. And maybe it is. But still, that's not all
there is.
Dreams and lyrics. The dreams are mine,the lyrics I'm about to share with
you.
Why am I telling you that?
Well it's Saturday and I like posting in weekends. And also, it has to do
with life as a Belle and Sebastian fan (life as a Belle and Sebastian fan: I
found that in the list rules too. Maybe you should read it more often
too).That's all it has to do with actually. I've been  told the lyrics by a
boy (Richard John Gillanders)  on #sinister. He recited it all by heart,
admire him. And then, Stuart Murdoch said, "I was suddenly alive to the
possibility that there were people around who, if they wanted, could bring
the country weeping to its knees with a line of poetry".
 Well...the dreams are mine...but I can assure you they are related too.
And some people might even name the lyrics content.
Though Llaura, who's wiser than us and who's been around longer, kindly
indicated that someone else (Alasdair Cook) has already posted with that not
so long ago, here is (a more accurate version of) Hurley's Having Dreams.
Here she comes
in the April sun
in her dungarees
and she's up for fun...
Smiling like she's a crazy girl
and she makes a face
like she owns the place...
And she does...
We indulge ourselves
in making a neck of beauty and circumstance...
Not to mention her bold intention
to keep the bairn
and she's only seventeen...
Now she's eight months pregnant
in a dress she's so elegant...
Does a handstand maybe
though it's not good for the baby
Hurley's havin' dream...
Little hurley's havin' dreams...
And he kicks and then he screams...
And I can't get to sleep...
Oh hurley I could weep!
Hurley dreams of the time when he was a horse in Czechoslovakia..
Hurley, dear, you're a human being...
Have your fun just now
but you're gonna have to deal...
She looks so fantastic
pale blue sun specs made of plastic...
How she used to love me
her love goes on little Hurley...
Hurley's havin' dream...
Little hurley's havin' dreams...
And he kicks and then he screams...
And I can't get to sleep...
Oh hurley I could weep!

ps Yesterday I've also been told (by Will Salt) that in the month of July
151 different people sent 316 posts (top posters are Ken Chu and Kirsten
Kenyon). Which means that in the month of July roughly 90% of the list
didn't post at all. Maybe that's just the way things are -but I would
personally want to say to anyone out there who would like to post but is too
shy and thinks they've got nothing to say to give it a try - I will be very
interested in hearing from them, and I don't think I'd be the only one.
pss Kirsten please don't get it wrong I love your posts...And Ken,please get
insulted....you owe it to the list...