Sinister: ex fox in socks on boy in box-I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 18 20:09:13 BST 2001

Oh oh oh yes!
My sentence at the box factory is over! I love you all, thanks for
sending in nice things for me to read, they really dragged me through.
So did the personal e-mails from you, Astrid! (Just had to mention
you! By the way, everyone, Astrid is really nice and you should all
write your personal B&S story and send it to her.)
The world is such a lovely place, especially with three weeks of hols
kicking off tomorrow in Newquay. But as I may or may not have said
before, I'm not going to club or anything, just blast B&S out on
Fistral Beach. If anyones around, call in at the Fistral youth Hostel
and have some ribena and lollies.

I suppose there is the down side that I will miss out on amusing
things on sinster, but I have a way round this...
If anyone has something amusing, melancholy or saucy to say, send it
to me personally as well as to sinister. (Thats what the Cc: thing is
for, guys!) That includes haikus, by the way.

I was paid the other day and have therefore blown most of it by now.
Bought Bjork, Smiths, Goldfrapp (thats actually really good, I think,
but it's probably too mainstream for you introvert bedroom devotees!
;-)) David Kitt, White Stripes, Delgados and more.
I bought Sigur Ros' Angels of Rock (or something like that). I have to
say, er, sorry, its boring. Well, no, it's interesting, but then again
I'm sure Ulysses is too, it's just not my sort of bedtime reading. The
CD had 17 tracks, all about 1:20 minutes long and all very soft, with
mucho sustained violins. I did feel like a loser when I didn't like
it, it was the sort of thing I wanted to like so I could say to
people, "yeah, I really like Sigur Ros, hmm, very artistic. What, you
don't like it? Oh, well then, why don't you listen to S club 7 , ha ha
ha!" But in this case, I am the philistine.
Tried to get hold of Mum and Aislers Set but HMV didn't have any.
Talking of HMV, when was in there I saw a nice girl buying "Modern
Rocksong." She looked as if she might have been a sinisteree but I
didn't say anything 'cause I looked a right state after work. But if
you are on sinister, nice girl, it was me kicking up a fuss at the
next till, hee hee hee!
Dr Dolittle 2 is bobbins, by the way.

Kirsten, you should come to TK Max in Sheffield, they have Levi chunky
brown cords quite cheap. I now have some!

Did someone mention Tompaulin? Is it true that they are like "the twee
hypocrisy of Belle and Sebastian injected with rabies"? (From the
Metro)

Props to David Moore for the twee Hendrix subject line. Also to Elise
for her sweet haiku, but thanks to the joys of jobquitting the box
part is now inaccurate. Although, I'm probably being presumtious, it
could well have about the thousands of othe corduroy wearing box
making boys on sinister, couldn't it?

This post has been a bit weird, it has been fun for me to write
(because of the job now quit) but having read it back it will not be
fun to read.
Oh well, what does this button with the arrow on do?
Se...se...sen...s-e-n-d...

luv Tom (the title comes up anyway now)

P.S. Joke:
"three men wait to go into an interview. The first gos in. The
interview takes place, but then to test the applicants imagination the
manager asks him, "give me a rhyming sentence with the word "anorak"
in it!"
The man thinks, and says," I've got an anorak, I think it's really
great, I wear it everyday for work and I'm never ever late!"
On the way out, the applicant lets the other two in on the surprise
question, and gives them his model answer.
The second goes in, and after being prompted, reels of the answer,
"I've got an anorak, I think it's really great, I ear it everyday for
work and I'm never ever late!"
The manager realises that the secret question is being spread through
the applicants and thinks up a harder one. He asks the third
applicant, "give me a rhyming sentence with the word "fascinate" in
it."
The third applicant thinks, and then says: "I've got an anorak, I
think its really great, it's also got nine buttons but I only
fascinate!"
Hee hee hee!