Sinister: Will i ever be windowdressing?

jo perry joiscurious at xxx.com
Sat Aug 18 20:41:39 BST 2001

Congratulations, you have been selected to take part
in an online quiz that could win you a lifetime supply
of Green Jelly. Not only do you get the jelly, you
also have it fed to you by a man protesting that he is
the real Rod Hull. (Please take a moment to remember
the precious children's entertainer)

The quiz refers to my subject line. In Family Tree
there is the line about "dummies in the window" and it
has got me thinking.
Being not the most asthetically pleasing person
working in North London suburbia i realise just how
many pretty people there are strolling around.
They embody the "cool" i longed for in my not so
distant school uniform days. I believed that i would
be like them eventually, perusing fashion magazines
and filling my head with false ideals. I refer to
these people as mannequins now, because it makes me
feel better.

Therefore the winner of the quiz will be the
individual who can answer my subject poser.

Reading this back i sound wan and whistful and perhaps
slightly listless. As i am still trying to be the me i
think i am.
Audrey Hepburn has replaced the trendies, posing an
even greater challenge, asking me to be a lady and buy
a nice lipstick. Though this time i love her for it.

Choose your icons with care, as it is difficult to
resent an image of someone you wanted to be. A
charade.

JoJo.