Sinister: Geezer, Butler, Soldier, Spy

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Aug 20 15:21:41 BST 2001

>I agree with the geezer that anything by Hornby is
>bad. But he is mistaken to imply that the Boss is bad.
>Surely the Boss is the best thing in that picture.

If I appeared to be biggying down Bruce Springsteen in favour of Cameo, it's
because I recently bought a CD LP of Cameo and I have to convince myself
that it was a good idea. I like Bruce Springsteen. Of course I do. Everybody
likes Bruce Springsteen. I like that song "41 Shots" that rounded out his
latest CD LP. Get killed just for living, it goes. I once borrowed a copy of
"Nebraska" which was recorded by Bruce Springsteen in one of his living
rooms. I objected to the fact that everyone in the songs was called Frankie.
So I suppose we can safely say I didn't really listen to it properly. Bruce
Springsteen *is* the best thing in that film, but that doesn't alter the
fact that Cameo would have been better. Have you seen their outfits?

>DON'T DO IT, KIDS
>
>The geezer Miller writes to big up prop his novel. I
>haven't read it. Have You?

I'm sorry, I was just trying to muscle in on the burgeoning Ken P. Chu
market. Read Buzzwords. Or Tangents. Duke of Harringay says he ain't gonna
write no more music journalism. I hope that means he'll have more time to
write to us.

Dear Diary, I went paddling on a gay beach yesterday. It really was quite an
eye-opener, even though I tried not to look.

After their stunning return to form with YOU'RE MY MATE, I'm very
disappointed with the new Right Said Fred single.

I knew that film Storytelling would be crap. I said all along it was going
to be crap, even if I only said it in my head. Was that song over the end
credits sung in English or Spanish? Didn't you make a note of the lyrics?
Pah! Thank
you Princess Honey for that brief glimpse of Sinister Heaven. I mean Keith
and Genviève, not the film. The film sounds crap.

I was thinking that perhaps a list of top songwriters is a bit like art
freaks making a list of top paintbrush manufacturers. I don't always know
who writes the songs. Johnstone says "I write the songs" but obviously it
was Wilson, under normal circumstances. I had a look who wrote some of my
favourite songs and it said Hayes/Porter a lot of the time. Sometimes it
said "features an interpolation of...". I could go on, but it's not going to
get any better, is it?

Sister Disco