Sinister: fuck logic, rival to instinct

Michelle R. snowyminor at xxx.com
Mon Aug 20 23:20:11 BST 2001

 .... and sweet intuition

hi there you

  I never thought it would come to the point where I'd
go crazy with joy whenever a credit card commercial
would come on. It's only because that 'Blue' credit
card ad shows a clip of New Order's 'Crystal' and
well, I get all happy...and dancing soon procedes
that. Like many good things, though, it only lasts for
a short time. This commercial joy happened to me
before though, with an investing company! That old
Merril Lynch ad had a grossly under-used snippet of
Hooverphonic's 'Wardrope.' Still, it was a nice ad
methinks.
Commercials are getting cooler, so watch out! You
could be dancing next.

  Rick Bayless.
     The man is a rock star when it comes to ethnic
cooking shows! There was a marathon of his 'Mexico:One
Plate at a time' shows the other day which were very
informative mm hm. He's not even Mexican (I don't
think) and he makes a kick ass ceviche with startling
accuracy. Ohyes though mine would give him a run for
his money though I digress. To me, he's taken the
place of the Frugal (yay frugalness) Gourmet since
Jeff Smith developed a fancy for little boys and
hasn't been heard from since.
  I agree completely with Lauren. Those people who
fall under the 100% indie 'do's' column are
pretentious babies. They think their shit don't stink,
frankly, as the saying goes. This reminds me of a
comic stip from a university newspaper my friend sent
me.

  ' HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS AT *name of uni* :
       *little smiley face saying* 'I love Dave
Matthews Band!'
    HOW TO MAKE ENEMIES:
       *angry face* I hate Dave Matthews Band!''

 Oh for the love of God. I think the indie 'do's'
people are just the same...
     HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS: I like Mogwai and Built to
Spill
     HOW TO MAKE ENEMIES: I like No Doubt *and* I like
Built to Spill

 bullshit :) You get the idea. I just noticed
'friends' and 'enemies' have the same amount of words.
How nice.

 Well, on to things that are nice like Sinister's
bday...Harry Potter! Awww what a nice book! No really,
it is. I was avoiding it for the longest time but peer
pressure won. Good read though. And I don't have to
remind you about the lil' feller who plays him in the
film, has the likeness of Chris Geddes do I?? (notice
how I oh-so casually include B&S content in there) :)

Songs with a mandolin in them are nice.

xx me shell
   mitt hen xx

pssst. the subject if from Bjork btw. She's
grate-tastic.