Sinister: ask me, I won't say no

Will Porter willpie_00 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 20 23:56:34 BST 2001

One Madeleine McNeil spake:
> I am currently working on my Librarian Chic
> (TM) with the help of the fashion gurus in #sinister. SO far, I've
> established that I need: pleated skirt, specs, hair in a bun, pursed lips
> and a hankie tucked up my sleeve for constant sniffles.

Dear god child, you've forgotten the cardie! It's the most important bit of the
ensemble.  And if you haven't got your glasses on some kind of thin silver
chain, you might as well just pack up your AACR2(revised) and work at a
bookstore or some other such abomination.  You've got to want it!

Speaking of librarians, I'm one of those and I haven't had much to say lately,
which is why those of you who didn't frequent #sinister about a year ago don't
have a clue who I am.  Well, I'm Will and I'm a librarian and I live in New
York City.  I have just gotten new glasses.  They are brown.  They are bigger
than my old ones.  The old ones were silver and wire framed and teeny and these
ones are plastic and brown and narrow (vertically) but broad (horizontally).  I
like them, but the other kids at the library tease me.

In the time since I last posted, I have:  ummm.  Nothing to report.

In related news, I still like Belle and Sebastian.

OOh speaking of bands, do you all love Call and Response?  You ought to.

Today, a really very pretty woman who frequents my library passed me on the
street walking the cutest spaniel I have ever seen.  Unfortuately, said woman
is married, which should come as no surprise because 1. she's really very
pretty 2. she's interesting (foreign and always reading good books) and 3.
because I have something of a crush on her.

Which isn't so say I don't have something of a crush on about 45% of the women
I meet.  I'm a promiscuous crusher.

Speaking of crushes, shockingly little attention seems to be paid to the list
crush thingy anymore.  Back in my day, list crushes were something we
participated in, dammit!  And Archel and Starry and Fiona had 'em all! and we
liked it!  And we had to walk 10 miles uphill in the snow to vote!  Umm
actually it was a little website that allowed for egregious ballot-box
stuffing.  And you could get to it from your chair.  And I'm really not a list
old-timer, as the list old-timers can attest.  But list crushes are fun!  Have
fun!  Be crushy!  Yeah!

xo
Will Porter, who used to be the new Will, but isn't anymore.