Sinister: To beard or not to beard? (Minus gibberish this time..I'm sorry)

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 21 00:47:41 BST 2001

Hello dear Sinisterettes and Sinisterines,
I hope you're all sitting comfortably, and have a nice glass of Ribena, or Red Bull, or Rootbear, or whatever takes your fancy by your side. Miss Jenni has a nice little story to tell you all. She didn't want to tell you it when she came back from the sunny lovely place they call Benicassim, as she got back to England and found everybody fighting and sticking tongues out at each other and passing notes under desks and throwing little paper balls at each other. But now you've all settled down and become friends again, I'll begin.
Once upon a time, a girl called Miss Jenni and her band of friends called The Dufflecoat Mafia all went to a sunny, lovely place in Spain called Benicassim. Here, everybody was happy, alcohol was plentiful and for some bizarre reason, they deemed Miss Jenni to be worthy of being interviewed for MTV with her best friend the Popkitten, as well as being a model for a style magazine in her stripy tee and Audrey Hepburn sunglasses. Benicassim was a wonderful place. Miss Jenni and the boy in the tree went to see Belle and Sebastian and they jumped up and down and danced a lot and giggled and sang along to all the songs they knew. (We apologise now to anyone who saw us being all loud and jumping up and down and daring Struan to play football with us the next day.) Miss Jenni liked all the new songs they played and all the handclaps in "Wandering Alone.." and Isobel's amazingly lovely Bob Dylan dress. Struan made her giggle with his bad Spanish and sheer cuteness. But Miss Jenni was s!
!
ad because she knew in her heart
 she would never be able to meet him and dance with him. The boy in the tree cheered her up by taking her hand and running to the stall which sold Sixties dresses and badges and they watched the moon turn pink and made wishes on it.
You should always be careful what you wish for, because it may just come true. After Miss Jenni had swooned over Jarvis Cocker and PJ Harvey the next day (whilst also feeling jealous because PJ would always look better than her in a black bra, PVC skirt, 4" Heels and nothing else.) She decided to go and see Jarvis Cocker and Steve Mackey DJ in the dance tent. She was feeling happy because a lovely band called Piano Magic had signed her new CD for her and she had had a waffle smothered with chocolate and she was wearing her nice new Sixties dress. Jarvis and Steve were excellent DJs and Miss Jenni really found herself getting into the music. Before she knew it, she was doing an ace little dance with a Scandinavian girl, an Icelandic boy and an English boy. She noticed another boy dancing with them too, although he wasn't doing their jumpy dance very well. He had blonde hair, and was wearing a stripy T-shirt and black shorts and sounded Scottish and had the sweetest smile. Miss !
!
Jenni looked up and claps her ha
nd to her mouth and shouts "Cor Blimey!" Miss Jenni was dancing with none other than Stuart Murdoch.
There was a small problem though. Miss Jenni was wearing her very nice dress that made her look very pretty. But she looked down and noticed in shock that a button had fallen off. She was flashing her cleavage at Struan.
She looks at Struan.
Struan looks at her and goes "Ooooh"
Miss Jenni blushes and hurriedly grabs a badge to fasten her dress.
Apart from this, he was very nice. He gave her beer and a hug and they danced together for about an hour. When he left, he gave her a very big hug and put his arm around her for a photograph.
I'd like to say I lived happily ever after, but I don't know that yet.

However, if you met me at Benicassim, I'd like to say Hello again (especially to the nice people I met dancing at the Jarvis Cocker DJ set on Sunday night-even more so if you let me drink your beer) and also if there are any Sinisterines here who saw a girl wandering around the campsite after the Avalanches on the Friday night swearing loudly in English who had lost her tent...mmmm...that was me. Your offers of alcohol, a place to sleep, a helping hand and more drugs then I could ever take over the whole weekend were much appreciated.
Wow, this is a long email. I should probably wave bye-bye. However, I've noticed that there has been a lot of talk on here about so-called "Indie kids" on here. I don't know what to think really. In some sense I would consider myself to be an Indie kid per se. I wear vintage clothes and flares, like wearing original Sixties mod gear and the suchlike. I find it a bit unfair to point the finger and jeer though. Surely in a sense we're mocking ourselves. I happen to like a hell of a lot of wide-ranging styles of music, from Destiny's Child, to Pulp, to Tortoise, to Belle and Sebastian. My two favourite bands in the world are Belle and Sebastian and Mogwai. I don't know, I don't like teasing other people about something like that I know in a sense that I am. (Although I would never judge a person on how vintage their clothes are-just tell them to buy a pair of flares because I know they would look good in them.)
Congratulations to everybody like the lovely and purple obsessed JenOwl for getting straight 1s in her Standard Grades, and the adorable John-John for doing really quite well in his highers too. Everybody who did exams deserves a nice big pat on the back regardless of how they did. As for myself, I got three As (English Lit, Politics and History) and a C (General Studies) in my A-Levels. So at the moment, it's safe to say I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

Anyway, this is long enough already. To all the boys on here who say they like girls in glasses, thank you. If any of you fancy saying Hello to a girl in glasses and a Brownies T-shirt who is currently in Manchester but will be hovering around her new home in Camden next month, you're more than welcome.

Love and Lollipops,
Cay
xXx

P.S. About the title. My friend, the boy in the tree has started growing a beard, but I say it's evil. So we're having a referendum about it. To beard, or not to beard?

P.P.S I still haven't found a way to make Sinister posts work on AOL 6.0. Anyone else found out the secret behind AOL's evil ways yet?

P.P.P.S. I'm soooo sorry for all the gibberish before. I told you AOL was evil incarnate.

"Girlfriends? Boyfriends? They come and go
But Pickled Onion Monster Munch? Now they're eternal..."
http://photojenni.diaryland.com