Sinister: Get back on that horse, you great whingeing sod!

Jeremy Tweddle jeremy at xxx.au
Tue Aug 21 03:21:49 BST 2001

Dearest Sinister,

I'm sorry I haven't written to you for such a long time. It wasn't my fault,
I promise! Ummm...I was busy, er...I had a long sleep, I had a liver
transplant, I was dead! Actually none of you (well maybe four of you) can
actually verify that I wasn't any of these things, so for now I'll stand by
them.

I feel like I have been asleep in class during a group exercise. You've all
been asked questions and answered with flying colours and now the teacher
has picked on me and I've no idea what the topic is. All I can say is
"er...ah...hmmm?" <repeat to fade>

In truth, I was just off in the listee wilderness known as #sinister and
misplaced my courage on the way. So I had to wait for a passing traveller to
lick my wounds and bandage my large and rancid gashes. In the role of
traveller tonight, we have Miss Llaura Llew.
<crowd goes wild>

So, many thanks to the llovelly Laura for kicking me in the arse and leading
me by the hand, depending on which was required.

To all of you #sinisterians, shame on you for making me so welcome. Oh and
I'd like to pass my fanclub onto Ken as a sign of respect.
<hands over a list, barren, except for the name "Johnsheep">

I was listening to Revolver this morning (it seems all of my posts originate
from the shower for some reason) and was pondering the Chemical Brothers. I
figured I can't really hate them because they're a direct descendant from
Lennon/McCartney. Though I'm not sure what would've happened if they'd been
inspired by Maxwell's Silver Hammer instead. Maybe they'd have become a twee
breakbeat duo. For the best example try play Kings Of Convenience with a
casio keyboard drumbeat behind it.

After consulting my personal archive of knowledge, I found two things:
1) Not much time had passed
2) I knew very little
3) I knew too many old phone numbers and not enough pointless lyrics

So, I figured I'd consult the archives of sinister for my past knowledge
instead and found two things:
1) I knew very little
2) When you're unemployed, jigsaws are the way to go

"So saying he ran off to find an all black puzzle of the Phantom Of The
Opera with 1,999 too many pieces"

Jeremy

ps. I just wanted to put some random names down here to make it look like
I've got friends. Mandee, Rich, Sweetie, Madeleine and <mumbles>. Did that
work?