Sinister: The state i am indie

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Tue Aug 21 15:24:18 BST 2001

Hello,

I always thought the whole point of the "indie-do" thing was to pull.

<Boy> Look at my "Camden Townie" gear!
<Girl> Wow I love that boy there he's wearing flares and wears a duffle coat
over a cardigan! *swoons*
* Girl chats boy up
* Girl flies into boy's arms to snog boy whilst boy leads her to his room to
show off his ahem "record collection"

I based that theory on the fact that, I never wore the said items, and no
girls ever chat me up.  If that's not a sound theory I dunno what is!

lauren said:
>>based on my own experiences at indie rock concerts i can conclude that the
indie rock scene is pretentious, fake, and breeds snobby, judgmental people.
<<

Therefore, if you want to breed non-snobby, non-judgemental people, next
time you go to an indie-rock place, breed with me!

More seriously tho, I have met some people in the "indie rock scene" who
have struck me as being pretentious, but not any more than people in any
other "scene" (there are probably people who will get into heated debate
about how papa roach are better than limp bizkit), and anyway if you know in
your heart that you're not pretentious or fake, then it doesn't matter
whether other people are or not.

Although, in order to pull, I should start to pretend to be more
pretentious.

JohaN HUGO said:
>>pps. what would you call someone who is twee? is there a name? i
propose tweet. and how twee is tweed?<<

Some people use "twee fucker", personally I think it's a bit rude.

Madeleine McNeil said:
>>Nelly Whatshername who sang that song about the bird <<

Do you mean Nelly Retardo?  My friend told me that in the song she sings
"she's hung like a bird", I didn't believe him, but when I listened to it,
she *does*!

Will Porter said:
>>Speaking of crushes, shockingly little attention seems to be paid to the
list
crush thingy anymore.  Back in my day, list crushes were something we
participated in, dammit<<

Yeah, innit, nowadays people just *say* they like you, but never *crush*
you.  sob sob.

Crushes and Red Bulls
Ken (who *is* "indier than thou")