Sinister: boo

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 21 15:59:40 BST 2001

  whew, it has been a few days...nothing really interesting has been
happening lately so i haven't had much to write about.  a couple of
incidents of minor interest:
1) i was forced to spend what would have been an enjoyable evening
hiding from a scary boy attempting to psychoanalyze me and also
attempting to invade my personal space over a pot of lilac tea.
2) last night i tasted something called flowery white picos.
3) everything else is even more boring than 1 and 2.
  we were talking about indie folk at work yesterday and started up
about a place called atomic records, a shop down the street from my
old house.  they have a nice enough selection, but you have to be
very very careful what you choose or you will be doomed to a lifetime
of ugly atomic experiences.  gina's boyfriend jon bought an ogre
album there like four years ago and the boy who was working that day
still won't talk to him, and he won't let him listen to albums in the
store anymore.  when jon asks to listen to something, he says, "no,
we're not letting people do that today" and goes back to reading the
onion or the shepherd express or something. the boy was nice to gina
until she bought some sort of live dave matthews thing one day, and
now he won't make eye contact.  gina wanted to go to kinko's and make
stickers that say "people who work at atomic are stupid assmunches"
but she really does like one of the boys who works there and doesn't
wish to offend him. the atomic staff have always been nice enough to
me, but i think that can be contributed to one of three reasons: a) i
have made wise purchases and gained approval  b) i look enough like
an authorized 'indie girl' to pass without intense scrutiny or c) i
always look so terrified when i go in there that they feel sorry for
me and decide to be nice.  probably a bit of all three.  i would
probably buy an assmunch sticker, anyway.
 xoxo
kirsten
ps--my friends all laugh at me in my scarves and cardigans and also
say things like "where the hell do you find this weirdass music, you
weirdass?"

Care2 make the world greener!