Sinister: General Anaesthetic Junkies

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Aug 22 11:29:34 BST 2001

Hello!!!

Okay, so that was a bit of an over-enthusiastic opener, but then again I’ve
just heard the new Spiritualized single on the radio. It’s soooo wonderful.
And have you seen the packaging for their new album? Yum…

Anyway, just a few things – nothing really to do with B&S, although I
**could** put some sort of contrived spin on it if you want.

Okay then, I won't bother.

Basically, the Big News is that tomorrow I’m going to have a Big Scary
Operation on my buggered knee. And I’m scared. I’m not really scared about
the operation because the guy who’s doing it seems to know what he’s doing,
but it’s the anaesthetic that’s giving me the heebie-jeebies. Y’see, I’ve
never had a general one before, and the idea of someone knocking me out and
all the rest of it just seems to be asking for trouble. Anyway, that’s
what's scaring me at the moment, so if there are any General Anaesthetic
Junkies out there who want to re-assure me, go right ahead…

In other news… just heard the new ShitSailor record on the radio, and I’m
being totally seriously here: he sounds like Robbie Williams. HE DOES!! HE
DOES!! Next time you hear it, just picture Robbie singing, and it make
sense.

And now, a plea. It’s a long shot, but here goes. Did anybody hear the
Breezeblock on Radio1 on Monday night? Anyway, Fatboy Slim was DJ-ing, and
he played a track called “Drumbeat” by Jim Ingram, and apparently it’s on
the Respect label, which was a sub-sid of Stax. If anybody has this record
or knows where I could get a copy, could they email me off-list? Please! I
**need** this track!

Oh yeah, Rachel CrnflkGrl0 said about not wanting to play B&S to people
because she’s worried they’d laugh at the high bits. I sympathise greatly,
because I have the same problem with playing people the Tindersticks. Stuart
Staples’ wobbly “Vic-Reeves-in-a-club-style” voice is beautiful, but takes a
bit of getting used to, especially if all you’ve been brought up on is
Robbie/James Walsh.

Anyway, not much really to say at the mo – I might be at the picnic on
Saturday, but nothing’s for certain, because of the ol’ Major Reconstructive
Keyhole Surgery on my knee on Thursday. Niiiiice.

Well, keep on keepin’ on people…

Love

Asm.x (aka Mini-Beans)