Sinister: I know what I did last summer

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 22 12:59:41 BST 2001

I think it's about this point where Honey would normally start warning
people (not anyone in particular, naturally) to make sure their posts don't
start turning into flames. I'm not quite sure what provoked all these
anti-indie-snob diatribes, since I don't recall any such attitudes recently;
but remember, those attitudes must exist with some people on a list this
size, so let's not slag anyone off, OK? And anyway, we've discussed this
many times before, as you could see in the archives if they existed at the
moment ;-)

I decided a while ago that if somebody doesn't want to like me because of
something I believe, or a way I act, or something I say, or whatever else,
chances are they must be someone I wouldn't get on with anyway, so I'm not
losing anything from the situation. My life's been a lot more stress-free
since adopting that philosophy. Try it sometime...

I know noone asked me to be babysitter while Honey's out, so I'll go back to
doing normal babysitter things like making long-distance phonecalls and
raiding the drinks cabinet.

Nice to see Archel posting; but very disappointing to see that it was almost
entirely devoid of smut. One short sentence about your arse just isn't good
enough. Your reputation will start to slip, and we can't have that.

Angelina Jolie - the new Monica Queen. Who'd have thought it? I bet Stuart
will be quite happy, but Isobel might get upset that it's someone else's
arse getting all the attention.

I have been accused of betraying my principles in my last post. So to clear
up any confusion, just because I think the Lilac Time are a delight of
melodic wonderment doesn't mean I've given up trying to convert you all to
the joys of The Whitlams. It's just hard persuading people of the merits of
a band whose records haven't been released in this country yet.

I always thought the whole point of everything Ken does was to pull.

Big Stu

PS The reason there haven't been loads of Manchester picnics is because it's
always raining.