Sinister: Music for Chameleons

Red Geisha geishalass at xxx.com
Wed Aug 22 14:06:15 BST 2001

My point was trying to be constructive, unfortunately that can be construed
negatively, apparently opinions if written passionately are seen as negative
on this list.  I suppose my overall point was basically celebrate who you
are and if people aren't perceptive enough to notice you, why waste your
time denigrating them?  I just find it unbecoming to write a post lashing
out at an entire sub-culture.  I doubt people decide to be in a "scene", it
more or less exists as a label to simplify for society.  I'm sure we've all
been grouped this way but we don't wake up in the morning (I would assume)
thinking like a Brit Pop Girl or a Mod Boy and if someone does, who cares!
I know my life has been more rewarding and sometimes trying meeting new
people but at least I don't regret it, I would regret being a 25 year old
girl who never ventured outside her own insecurities.

On a much lighter note, I will be in Glasgow the first week of September and
I want to know of any lovely indie nights happening.  I imagine I will be
inebriated most of my trip but I would love to cut some rug while I'm in
town.  Any advice on club nights (indie or not) would be appreciated!

ta ra,
Chrissy