Sinister: the story continues

the narrow wizard ol04 at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 23 11:58:59 BST 2001

this follows on from Idles (great) story so go back and read the first
post if you haven't already

I guess the dame's story got to me
I mean even with those legs the ugly dame hadn't got to me, but the story
had. I used to drink in Honey's bar a lot myself and I suppose that had
something to do with it. It's not like I'm a sucker for a dame or
anything.
So I went down to Honey's, to tell you the truth i was running low on
Ribenna in the office so I didn't mind going down to investigate so much
as I might have. The owner wasn't there, away on holiday, I guess the
fight wouldn't have been so bad and I wouldn't have had that dame round if
Honey had been in town. Honey was like that, a good guy you could trust
him, you couldn't get him with you in my line of work but you knew where
you stood with him, a good guy.
Anyway, I didn't recognise the barmaid, some dame by the name of Sadie,
didn't seem to have too much personality but gave me a Ribenna and told me
about Honey being away for a while. I was gonna ask about the fight but..
well to be honest this Sadie dame didn't have much personality so I
figured I'd ask a few of the regulars I used to know when I was in here
most days for my Ribenna fix. If you want to know the truth Sadie was
giving me a right pain in the neck, it was like talking to my Aunt or
something.
So I asked round a little and some dame I'd not actually met before told
me about the fight, dames are like that, buy them a Ribennea and look into
their eyes in the right way and they'll give you what you want. I think
this one was ready to give me more than I was looking for but you don't
have time for that when you're on a case, still there's always time in
between cases. Hey one of the reasons I used to frequent Honey's bar was
'cos the dames were always pretty classy in there, intelligent too, though
those kinda dames can be just as much trouble as the others.
Seems the story of the fight was that someone had been at the bar and was
talking about those elitist 'indier than though kids' and well maybe it
had put a few noses outta joint 'cos people weren't sure if he meant the
folks in the bar or folks who didn't go there and anyway the regulars do
have friends who don't come in so it got a bit heated.
Well that's how it started and with just that dumb dame behind the bar
instead of Honey well it got out of hand. I wasn't sure how I was gonna
handle this situation, I had another Ribenna while I mulled it over...

Okay so now it's somebody else's turn to take over the story
have fun with it

Owen

with that the narrow wizard waggled his bushy eyebrows and disappeared in
a flash of blue flame leaving behind only a faint smell of cinammon