Sinister: Maybe I'm not Indie Enough

Brett Smith brett6 at xxx.com
Thu Aug 23 01:00:47 BST 2001

Hmm...

Reading all the "indie" controversy I thought I'd throw my own hat into the
ring.

I thought the original post was pretty cool, and certinaly pretty perceptive

After all everyone (the InDiE hIPSter (tm) Mafia) knows that the genuine
InDiE hIPSter (tm)

1) Loves everything about The Strokes
2) Would't be seen in anything that hadn't come straight out of their
grandparents wardrobe
3) Buy acres of obscure vinyl
4) Hangs around pubs making a pint last all night
5) Makes a religion of slagging off the girl in the bar for her cookie
monster backpack

Oh well, I guess  the rest of us indie types will just have to cope with the
stigma of not even being alternatively cool

how terrible!!!!