Sinister: Re: Maybe I'm not Indie Enough

Johan Nilsson i_love_moon at xxx.com
Thu Aug 23 15:41:44 BST 2001

>After all everyone (the InDiE hIPSter (tm) Mafia) knows that the genuine
>InDiE hIPSter (tm)

>1) Loves everything about The Strokes

- i really dislike the strokes

>2) Would't be seen in anything that hadn't come straight out of their
>grandparents wardrobe

- i only buy new clothes

>3) Buy acres of obscure vinyl

- i buy mostly cds

>4) Hangs around pubs making a pint last all night

- rarely drink beer, gives me headaches

>5) Makes a religion of slagging off the girl in the bar for her cookie
>monster backpack

- slagging?

i miss about on every dot, and still i'm indie... beat that..! no wait, i
really dislike the indie people, it's just a bunch of stuck up kids who
listen to music just because it's cool and collect rare vinyl records
without listening to them, who should call themselves indie... defines a kid
who goes to a concert wearing a homemade t-shirt that says josef k, just to
show the people he listens to a band that rarely no one does. i'm not indie,
i just like music.

i shiver

johan

ps: right now my favorite record is paul and linda mccartney's ram, how
indie is that? about 7/10 on the official indie rating system.