Sinister: Get me away from here I'm frying/ back by popular demand

Priscila Moura thepris at xxx.com
Thu Aug 23 17:56:12 BST 2001

Hello sinister lovelies!

Got in from Islamabad yesterday morning. Jesus, the place was sweltering.
And this coming from someone who comes from a sweltering place herself makes
it double sweltering. Managed to fry myself by the pool for three whole
hours, after that it just became unbearable.

I'm so happy to be back in Sinister, having been unfaithful for 48 hours.
The bogus Tony Doogan episode pissed me off that much, although I did
consider embracing my mugness and carrying on with the game of pretend just
to see where it would lead. I'm such a curious creature, it really is my
downfall at times. A couple of very sweet emails from Ken Walton and Sam Chu
made me immediately want to resubscribe and I'm so glad I did. I L!O!V!E!
Sinister! How can anybody leave and not want to come back? I confess to
having been fed up at the time of the east x west debate (I think it was the
reason for the mass exodus), but persevering has been extremely rewarding.

So, what marvels of Pakistani culture did I enjoy (other than the mandatory
curries), you may ask. Actually, the highlight of my trip was meeting
Angelina Jolie in the flesh. That's right, THE Angelina Jolie. She was
sitting in first class on the flight out, in seat 4K. You could spot those
blow job lips from miles away. Apparently, she was out there for some United
Nations meeting or other - she's one of those Geri Halliwell style goodwill
ambassadors. I kept going past to try and sneak what I hoped was a discreet
look, but she never looked up. She's a lot smaller and younger looking than
you'd imagine, and her looks are much more girl next door than sex siren
(honest!). I wanted to ask "so, Angie is it true about you and Belle &
Sebastian?" but somehow thought it best not to...

She went to sleep eventually and though it was dark I managed to get a
better look. Her skin was so smooth and flawless she looked almost waxen.
She lay motionless for hours, her famous lips ever so slightly parted,
looking...well, kinda dead, really. Which might have been cool because I
would immediately have put my first aid skills into action and given her the
kiss of life. Because let's face it, the woman is highly kissable. I mean,
don't get me wrong, I'm not massively into chicks or anything but I would't
kick her out of bed either.

After she left two of the male crew members smelled the headrest of her seat
and, call me sad, but I did too. I've loved the woman since that crap
"Pushing Tin" movie. The headrest had a lovely, delicate scent on it. I got
teased mercilessly and accused of being a dyke, which I didn't contest
simply because it didn't bother me. Can't a woman find another woman
attractive without immediately being labelled as such?

I later found out she was staying at the same hotel as us. I never saw her
again. I spent most of my time there wishing I was back at home. Wishing I
could fast forward the next month so I can start my Masters immediately
because I'm so looking forward to it and to quitting my job as well. And
wishing at the same time that summer would never end. Because when it does,
I will, as always, retreat into my shell again and only emerge from it next
year.

I had my first official B&S dream the other night. I say official because
B&S were in it as opposed to just a background soundtrack. I was looking at
a huge house in Camden Town my ex-husband wanted us to buy (though why I
would want to buy a house with him is beyond me). As I was coming out of the
house I passed a venue called "The Druids" where B&S were about to start
playing. Of course it was sold out, but people were handing out green and
yellow tickets and I managed to get hold of one only to discover it was for
a Pinocchio pantomime! I somehow got in and the place turned out to be half
empty and so tiny I could talk to the band from where I was sitting. I
talked to Struan loads and it was the best gig ever!

Changing the subject entirely, have any contingency plans been made for red
pant picnic day? You are all aware it's supposed to rain on Saturday, aren't
you? And we all know that strawberries and cream don't go brilliantly with
rain.

On the whole indie debate thing, my view is that by respecting other
people's choices hopefully they'll learn to respect yours. I would really
hate it if anyone judged me because I don't own vintage clothing or obscure
records or whatever it is that makes someone indie. Then again I wouldn't
want anything to do with someone that shallow anyway.

I've got this posting thing down to a fine art now. The secret is to leave
the address out till last so that you don't hit send by mistake and end up
clogging up people's inboxes with meaningless half baked shit. You just clog
up their inboxes with meaningless fully baked shit instead! Sorry it's been
such a mish mash.

See you on Saturday!

Love,

Pris.

P.S. I've just read Jim Gilmer's last posting and I couldn't agree more.
Well done, Jim, beautifully written! I've always liked your stuff. And thank
you for the excellent quote at the end once again.