Sinister: The Case of the Runaway Thread - Inside Honeys Bar (once again)

Sunset . sunnie_set at xxx.com
Fri Aug 24 15:08:16 BST 2001

Idles awoke the next morning. "Arghh! Ribena!
The hallucinations have never been this bad before. And hallucinating about
the evil Chu of all people. This case is really getting to me."
She dressed quickly and made her way to Miss honeyÕs bar.
" If there is one thing for certain the answers to this case lie there." She
thought

Meanwhile, in another part of town, Sunny started to fret. Was it possible
that idles wasn't the  super sleuth everyone thought? The possibility didn't
bare thinking about . Besides Miss Gardiner had seemed fairly convinced that
the case would be solved and harmony would be once again restored to Miss
Honey's Bar. And besides how could the case fail now Idles had enlisted the
help of the v-bird Nevertheless Sunny was troubled and her uneasy brain
couldnÕt rest. She started to think once more about Honey's disappearance.

That had sure been one big coincidence. Right in the middle of this whole
dirty business a letter had been received saying that she was off to France.
Looking back Sunny couldn't see why nobody had spotted this sooner.  This
was no ordinary holiday. Honey had been forced to leave the country  and
Sunny intended to find out why.
"Right thatÕs it" Sunny grabbed her coat and went  into the kitchen
returning with her dog. "We are going to Miss HoneyÕs bar."

The journey nearly reached a premature end as a large seagull narrowly
missed hitting SunnyÕs Head. The bird exploded before hitting the  pavement.
Leaving behind a faint yet distinctive smell of baking soda. Sunny shook her
head."Things are getting mighty strange around here"

It took sometime for sunnyÕs eyes to acclimatise to the hazy smoke. This
indie schmindie case had certainly caused an upset in these parts. Idles
stepped from the behind the smoke, casually knocked back her glass of ribena
and spoke. "This case is getting to me. I thought we had put an end to
trouble in this neck of the woods when I finally solved the mystery of the
missing East Coast tour dates. But all of this happening so soon afterwards
I am beginning to think there is something more sinister a foot.
Sunny turned to Idles.
"Look you know how things work around here as well as anybody. What is that
Chu up to this time?"

Idles stared slowly ahead before replying. You know I donÕt think heÕs the
one behind this  time. He might be an evil genius but I really donÕt think
this is his scene".
Sunny eyed Idles suspiciously. Was there something she wasnÕt telling her?
Sunny decided it was best not to confront Idles. That gunshot  scar sure
looked real enough. Instead changing the subject she nodded towards a large
group of people in he corner of Miss Honey's Bar. "Who are they?"
"They are the lurkers sunny. Idles solemnly began to explain: "They pop
their heads up now again and provide fresh ideas and help create the normal
pleasant ambiance of the bar. But on the whole they sit quietly watching
what is going on."
"Surely they might have some idea whatÕs behind the Schmindie case?" asked
sunny
"I have no doubt they would but it is getting them to talk thatÕs the
problem. These scmindie guys seem to have some sort of hold over them
."ThatÕs terrible" gasped sunny whose despair was ever deepening. " I think
we are in big trouble this time Idles". Sunny showed the letter Honey had
sent.

Idles frowned slightly before speaking. "Sunny I think you are right. I
received the very same letter not long ago. I wasnÕt sure what it meant at
the time but what with this Rio tip off, the missing archives and the
schmindie case in general I canÕt help feeling they are all linked. That
dame in the overcoat might have been some use to the case but I think we are
missing something.

Idles and Sunny turned at and looked at a silhouetted figure stood in the
doorway. It was the V-Bird, laden with an old Dansette, a selection of
Heavenly and Sarah records and a double-necked Gibson. And a small
hamster.V-bird
"are you going to keep appearing like this?"  sighed Idles
"I have news!" She was waving a crumpled piece of paper in one hand and a
pair of red knickers in the other.
The letter read:

Let me show you the scene,
The indie cool queen