Sinister: A century of ken

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Sat Aug 25 02:43:04 BST 2001

Hello,

I haven't posted in a few days and now I'm fucking evil... great.

Will's post mentioned cliffs and people dying.  I haven't seen that said
cliff, but I keep having this image of this great big green bare hill with a
cliff in the middle.  I am very fond of great big green bare hills.

I remember a few months ago driving along a stretch of motorway on my way to
scotland and I had to pass through these stretches of bare, endless green
hills, and how I were tempted to just park the car on the side and take a
hike up the hill and just lay there, and watch the sky, and forget about my
worries.  I would be the only person in this great landscape, just me, to
escape from the loneliness of being alone in the crowd, and instead to be in
my own little kingdom, to claim this hill as my own, for a day, a week,
forever.

It may have been the soundtrack in the car, I think I have watched too many
cheesy music videos, and whenever I hear a song I would always imagine that
I am living inside a film, where the song I'm hearing is the soundtrack, and
just as I were passing the hills, a few songs came on, and I did feel like
that, well, if I'm to ever end my life, it would be there, on the hill,
alone, where I will be forever in peace, and not be found.  A simple end to
a simple life, I guess.

Then, a few days later, I was in the biggest music video of it all, in the
middle of a Belle & Sebastian concert, as they played "We Rule the School",
I knew that was it, pictures of my life just flashed in front of my eyes, as
if I was dying, and indeed, I felt as if I was about to die.  As tears of
mourning dropped a new person was born, no more will he be hurt by the
stupid things in his life, for the old Ken is dead, and the new Ken is just
going to take life as it comes, with his tongue in (his own) cheek.  He will
still go up to the hills on his own, but he will remember to bring food this
time, so he can be a king of the hill that lives for more than 10 days.

I have no idea whether this new Ken is evil or not, but he is very drunk and
probably why sent a post to sinister that means absolutely fuck all.

Ah Well.  Apparently people have to mention Ken a few times in their posts
now, I think I've done my fair share already this time, doesn't hurt to say
it again tho, "Ken Chu".

Ken and Red Bulls
Ken