Sinister: The plot thickens.

Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Sat Aug 25 05:35:59 BST 2001

I'd been sitting in one of the smokier rear booths when the girl walked in.
I knew immediately something was amiss, and I took a long drag on my
cigarette before casually turning back to the darts. Out of the corner of my
eye I noticed the Murdoch boy. At it again, no doubt.

The pianist began to play and I winced inwardly. Another whiny wee tune. I
shook my head in disgust and snubbed my dying cigarette in the pristine
black ashtray before me. Not any longer, though. Not much stays clean after
I'm through with it.

The girl seemed to be upset about something and I turned my attention back
to their conversation. Murdoch was attracting things to these parts that he
shouldn't be. I fumbled with the pack of smokes distractedly and drummed my
fingers on the table to the sound of Trevor mutilating the old ivories.
Where was Sam when you needed him?

Back to business at hand, though. Between the Chu punks and this Murdoch
fellow, things were tense, to say the least. I decided then that something
should be done about the tattooed lad if we were to go through with our
plan.

I paid the bartender complacently and avoided any eye contact on my way out
to the phone.

I let the phone ring three times before a female voice picked up.

"Peter Carter, please." I coughed. He'd know what to do.

"Hello?" his familiar throaty voice questioned.

"Peter; it's Timothy. We may have a slight problem..."

To be continued