Sinister: It's not the fact that he's following you, it's that he's not trying to hid - that's what's bothering you...

Jason Andreas jasonandreas at xxx.com
Sun Aug 26 08:22:01 BST 2001

Hey twee mother hubbards...

It came to me last night, when we were in the Space gig, that Stuart Murdoch
is little more than a walking set of spring-loaded dildoes. He's got that
sort of wiry thing to him, and he seems to attract a certain amount of
women, so that must be why. He's nothing but sex in a springy body.

God knows why I thought of that. I was holding hands with a girl from
Coatbridge whose name I can't remember, unfortunately. Was going to ask for
her number, but got slightly distracted by Tommy, the big bitch that he is
;)

I saw a pigeon this morning on my way to work. Nothing unusual there, you
may think, but this one had a knackered foot, and it was limping along like
some sort of old soldier with a war-wound. It was pitiful and sad, so I fed
it a bit of my sandwich. I wonder how it's getting on.

I'm becoming too concerned with pitiful animals/insects. I need to be hard
and kick them in the nuts (© Eric Cartman).

You have crisps? Ro-sham-bo you for them...

Aaaanyway... the gig...

Wandered for a while, then eventually headed along to the Liquid Room.

It seemed to be following the King Tut's school of opening the doors on
time - ie, half an hour late, which meant the support band (more on them in
a minute) had to miss out their last song through time constraints.

Ok, Sizer Barker opened. They were pretty damn good. Not at all what I
expected from a band supoprting Space - quite a lot of varied influences
here, from Lou Reed to Crowded House - which was cool. They liked my energy
in the front row, so they invited me back stage (and Sweetie as well, of
course) and we chatted there for a while. I got a signed running order, and
a hug from the fucking cute bassist, and I gave Sweetie the setlist so she
could have that signed. We got their e-mail address and we'll probably go
and see them in Tuts when they play there next month. Very good start.

Ok, Space came on. I managed to get Tommy to dedicate the first song - Mr.
Psycho - to Sweetie, and he had a wee chat with her between that and the
second song. We kept bantering with him for most of the gig, and I managed
to start a 'Who the fuck are Man United' chant with the guitarist too, which
was fun. Tommy kept coming over to shake our hands and point at Sweetie's
hair, which she seemed to appreciate. Fuck, it was big. Anyway, that's
beside the point. At the end of the gig, I managed to get the setlist (he
came right over to hand it to me, which was nice of him) and he directed us
towards the tour manager to get Sweetie's e-mail address to do an interview
for her new fanzine, if it ever takes off. The band were cool, completely
down to earth, and just all in all, a good laugh. Even got the guitarist to
say "Any team is good, as long as they're not Rangers." Which got a mixed
reaction. I suggest he doesn't try that one in Glasgow, eh guys?

And so, the gig drew to a close. Sweetie got her train at 11:30, and I
managed to get a bus at 12:30, getting into Glasgow for about 1:30, and
after various taxt-waiting shenanigans, finally crawled into bed at 3am. To
be woken up by my alarm at the much-too-soon time of 7am. Grr.

Anyway, next gig is Air at the Barras - less chance for audience interaction
there, but on the plus side, they are French and they are insane. So that
bodes well.

Later...