Sinister: The Smiths Strikes Back!!!!!!

Brett Smith brett6 at xxx.com
Sun Aug 26 10:35:14 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby C" <mod4real at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:22 AM
Subject: Sinister: The Smiths Strikes Back!!!!!!

> to indie kids and non-indie kids....
> whatever...who care?
>
> I ve read an article, on Dazed and Confused, bout the
> misunderstood Latino youth (in LA) who love The Smiths
> and reckon Moz as their role model....this is now two
> thousand and one now, man... i hope i can join one of
> them too.... if this is not a Latino-only thing...

Dirty Jeans and Mournful looks are taking over Sunset Boulevard!!!???
Cool!!!!

I suppose though to be fully accepted you'd have to keep up on whole
Manchester meets Santa Monica thing!

Especially the masterful Spanish cover version of Everyday is like Sunday
'Todo es Igual Siempre' by Mikel Erentxun.

All together now!!!!

"""Todo es Igual Siempre..... Todo es (silent and grey)""" - my Spanish is
too crap to continue!

> And I bought Luna's Live album (released few months
> ago, when the Galaxie 500 tribute album was
> released)too. good old Dean sung Galaxie 500 tune
> again...
> it toke the heat off me for a while.
>
> I am in a band right now... playing bass and writing
> songs. I ve 2 song now.... and one of them is called
> "Jellyfish" (or "Jellyfish's Dream")with a line
> "I live my life in my mobile home"... does this line
> make any sense to u native english speaker?

vaguely I suppose - It sounds a bit like an Oasis lyric or something - which
is either good or bad depending on you point of view!

> I am trying to fill the lyrics in Cantonese (the
> language we speak in Hong Kong) ...but it is so damn
> hard coz Cantonese is a nine Tonal Lauguage.
>
> ihope i can play like Naomi Yang.

I wish I had Naomi Campbel's money!

> Simians rules!

I agree, though looking at Marky Mark it was hard to see the difference!