Sinister: We're turning into lamposts

Alasdair Cook woolything at xxx.com
Mon Aug 27 19:14:04 BST 2001

Happy birthday Sinister! It is today isn't it? Was it supposed to be a
surprise?

My girlfriend told me to write this. She also told me to write that she told
me to write this. This post is going woewards. Well, she did tell me.

I've been out. Which means that when I come back, I have one or two Sinister
mails to catch up on. Poor structure. Correct tense. I've read them all now;
I particularly liked the one that mentioned Ken Chu, however the person who
sent it seemed to make an error, as it appeared 131 times in my inbox.
Careful with that 'send' button kids, you never know what might

I jest. I always fill in the address last. Sometimes I don't even know the
address. But if I send a card marked

Cole fan
Blackheath
London

Will they know which one?

LLOYD PORTER, SALLY BROOKER, A BUNDLE OF SONGS AND A HELL OF A LOOKER.

I forgot to say that Gordon's posts were very good as well. Tailored to all
our needs.

It's at this point that I start to flag. Union blues. City. Please don't
cry.

Um...

I'm off again soon. I shall be staying for a night or two near the Great
Western Road, which is aptly named, I mean, it is great (well, it has the
appropriate amount of 'grandiose' about it), it is western (in the context,
at least, of Scotland and Glasgow) and most importantly it is a road.
Correctness is a commodity too often overlooked these days. One day I'm
going to write a book called

HOW TO LIVE AN ACCURATE LIFE.

Ill gt a man i'n to corect the mitakes.

I hear that Mr Harry is moving there, to live, like. It was Mr Harry, wasn't
it, or is my ailing memory failing again? Or is my failing memory ailing? Or
is my flailing memory derailing? And so on. Anyway, one of these days I
might Hunt Him Down.

Aeons ago, Kristen wrote:

one might imagine there to be something rather sexy about see-through
corduroy pants, but there really isn't.

And she's so wrong. I fear, however, that it is too late.

Chu:

And then after doing the rituals of my mum giving me a list of 350 things I
need to do and 300 telephone numbers I have to phone up in 1 minute flat,
and me doing those 750 things,

Kenneth's degree was not in Mathematics. Don't all jump on him at once.

PF:

ALLY62

I have been chucking away bits of paper and writing poetry about it. ITV
have got the footy. Are you worried?

The answer is: vaguely. What bits of paper? 62? You're over my head again,
mon. Geezer. MOTD Year 00, perhaps? I dinnae ken. Could it be that even Chu
dinnae Ken?

I'm afraid I have to leave. I'm afraid most of the time, being a Belle and
Sebastian fan. The threat is constantly there - I mean, a new record could
come out at any time. I'm joking. I think.

I've just completed my life's work, btw. And still I haven't included
everything I wanted to. Oh well. It comes in two parts. You have to have the
first to understand the second, perhaps, and the other way round. It's all
linked, see? It could be called something silly like Secrets Of The Heart.
That would be the sub-heading. The real heading would be 1995-2001, The Best
Of...

I've just filled in the address. It's going to Maryhill.

Alasdair xx