Sinister: Lions, and tickets, and Llew... oh my.

William Harris wmh74 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 27 21:29:29 BST 2001

Comrades,

Having seen that another fellow lurker (Colin) had broken his self-imposed
silence, I decided to follow suit and come off my pub stool and
(re)introduce myself. Hello. Pleased to meet me*... oh. Uh. This isn't going
so well is it? (Ms. Llaura Llew, please take notes here: is this sort of
discomfort that makes one indie? I'll take it since my wardrobe fails
miserably at that task).

But down to business before I lose my entire audience. I *may* have an extra
ticket to the Seattle show... ehem... (is this list abuse? sorry Honey) The
extra I had bought was intended for a potential date, but as a select few on
this list know, my attempt to emulate Dr. No failed miserably and said date
ended up down the gullet of a shark. (A warning: do not take 1st dates into
shark infested waters no matter what the "locals" say about their dining
habits.) After having wrestled the shark onto the beach and then having
performed an intricate procedure better left to your imagination to free
said date from the shark's tummy, it was too late. Digestive juices and all
that.

I seem to have strayed off my original point. If anyone out there is
interested, you can email me *off* this list and let me know if you'd like
the have access to the ticket. Cute girls are encouraged to apply. I will
inform the lucky winner some time in the next week or so (it'll be doled out
on a first come, first served basis which sounds vaguely sexual but really
isn't). I should also make it clear that I am only looking for the list
price of the ticket. No profiteering on the beloved Belles here.

Speaking of beloved, I am rapidly falling into serious swoonage for the
adorable and pensive Gillian Welch. Her new album "Time (The Revelator)" is
an absolute masterpiece. Yes. Masterpiece. Though a word of warning; it
isn't indie or twee. That being said, however, I suspect fans of Nick Drake
(circa "Pink Moon") might appreciate it. Buy it. Or don't. I will have the
thrill of seeing her perform and spin yarns on Tuesday night. Yummy.

In closing, I must say to Llew that not all Will's are terrible. Some of us
are just terribly confused. Oh and shout out's to my homegrrrl Jerkgirl Jen
who is busily slaving away in miserable conditions in a sullen record store.
Please take a moment to remember those less fortunate in your
prayers/thoughts/meditations/slack-jawed reverie.

Thank all you for enduring my awkward rebirth into sinister.

Hasta luego,

The Other Will Harris (this is similar to, but not quite like, The Other
White Meat)

*Whatever happened to the big ball of love that were The Replacements?

I refuse to say Ken Chu.

Whoops.