Sinister: bustin out

andrew utter andrewj54 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 28 19:12:23 BST 2001

Hi everybody,

Just got out of nursery, feeling the need to get out and express myself.
I've enjoyed all the grate posts, stories, discussions, wit and tweeness.
But of late the traffic has been pretty heavy.  How do you all cope?
Reading these posts is almost a fulltime job in itself, albeit an amusing
one.

Where are all the New York area sinsterites? I live in Jersey City and work
in Manhattan.  Why are we so underepresented? Does it have anything to do
with the current tour?  Someone alluded to a North American east coast
walkout.  Is that it?  Let's have a picnic!  We should all go up to the
Cloisters in the fall.  I think that must be the ultimate NYC twee
destination.

And who among us practice the sin the dare not speak its name?  C'mon, we
wrote the book on twee, I'm sure you must be out there.  One of the most
surprising things about the list for me is how thoroughly hetero it seems to
be.  Unless I just haven't learned to read the signs.

There are no women in my office anymore so no one ever talks.  The list
helps me feel in touch during the day.  I just hope I don't end up getting
fired for spending all my time reading posts.

I went out and bought some new bedding and a down comforter yesterday, only
to discover in the middle of the night that I seem to have developed an
allergy to down.  I'll have to settle for something synthetic.  What a drag.
  Down comforters are one of the great pleasures in life, sort of like the
tactile equivalent of Morrisey singing "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody
Loved Me".  And my time with down comforters is over.  For good.  Barring
huge medical advances in eliminating allergies.  It's almost like a little
piece of my mortality.

Looking forward to getting to know all about all of you,

Andrew