Sinister: I know where the summer goes.

Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Tue Aug 28 21:12:22 BST 2001

Hello friends,

Things have been incredibly hectic these past few days, what with school
starting back up again and myself getting into various interesting
predicaments. Did anyone go to the Reggie and the Full Effect show on Sunday
at the Troc? I saw a boy wearing a very cool red Explodingdog shirt. I
should have said nice shirt, but instead I just sort of stared at it. Reggie
were very nice, despite the fight that happened during the show in the
audience to my left. A very bloody boy came over to me holding his nose, and
some other boys punched and kicked at a boy who fell onto the ground. That
was a bit scary. But the real end of my summer happened a few days earlier.

I recently got a new car, well, a new used car. A 1971 Volkswagon Karmann
Ghia to be precise. It's red. I'd been debating going to the party for some
time, and I finally did, since I now didn't have to rely on others for
transportation. I saw a lot of my old friends and had a generally fun time.
I left early since I was going to be travelling to Philly the next day and
as I was pulling out I was struck with what a beautiful night it was.

The reddish moon hung halfway in the sky and a cool breeze blew in through
the windows. The route home was particularly scenic and I could see the moon
reflected in a creek to the left. A wave of contentment washed over me and I
guess you could say it was a perfect moment, the forest truly did whisper to
me.

I finally came to the turn which would take me to my development, back home.
I gradually became aware of the radio, I'd been listening to Tigermilk the
whole ride and not even noticed it. I flicked on my right turn signal and
looked up at the moon again as if to silently give it thanks for a pleasant
evening when My Wandering Days Are Over began. I flicked off my right turn
signal and smiled, consumed by an overpowering feeling of elation. My
wandering days weren't over, they were just beginning. Tigermilk, the red
moon, my old car and I were filled with optimism as we set out to do some
exploring, responding to the whisper with unsaid thanks and a pinging
engine.

-Timothy