Sinister: There's nothing like the sunset here tonight

steve peet peetsketch at xxx.com
Tue Aug 28 23:20:56 BST 2001

The sunset here tonight was beautiful.

I read a thing in the Q&A section of the Guardian travel section a couple of
weeks back where people were responding to a question about where the best
sunsets in the world were...  I've seen some amazing sunsets in some amazing
places and been lucky enough to appreciate some beautiful ones when I've
been unlucky enough to find myself in some unbeautiful places, but there's
something about the sunsets over Heathrow, with the planes soaring up in to
the twilight and just the whisp of a cooler breeze...
I think I'm looking forward to autumn in a misty, melancholy kind of a way.
Autumn seems to suit these suburbs of London somehow; softens them.

Thanks to all concerned for the picnic and Tigermkilking, everybody seemed
happy and glad that they came.  Hope you got your bag back Mark?

There seemed to be quite a few people there who would be up for travelling
to a Manchester picnic, and seeing as I'm down here and from there and
there's been a few requests for one I kind of said I might do the whole
mummy thing.  More of an evening do so we could go to Smile afterwards which
never seems to get going 'till after 10.
Maybe if Peter Carter and Juicy Luicy and anyone else who might be
interested mails me off list what Saturdays they could do I'll see what I
can manage?  No promises though, I've a hectic month or two ahead.

Goodnight
PeetSketchSteve

"The effect of a blow is as proportionate to the texture of the object
struck as to its own momentum; and she had such a superlative capacity for
being wounded that little hits struck her hard."
(Thomas Hardy, 'A Pair of Blue Eyes')