Sinister: ash destroyed my trousers!

Rener iodowd at xxx.com
Thu Aug 30 10:41:28 BST 2001

chris pez wrote:
> another one for the 'songs that sound like B&S
> songs' file.  there was a
> song being played during the band changes in the
> evening session tent which
> had the chorus 'who would fall in love with a
> chicken with his head cut
> off'. you can sing The Model over the top and the
> melody is very similar
> also. if anybody can tell me what this song is i'd
> be most grateful.

the song in question is Chicken With Its Head Cut Off
(!) by the luvverly Magnetic Fields. try as i might, i
can't hear any similarity between it and The Model,
but we may be able to blame that on the possibly
inaccurate renditions of both tunes going around in my
head as i type.

no T&F pranks in london for me this weekend, instead
i'm off to cork. hooray for cork! it's got a wildlife
park with lemurs and capybaras and oryxes (who are
extinct, but no-one seems to have told these oryxes).
and other things. can't wait ....

rener

=====
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx