Sinister: you were no ordinary drain on her defenses. she was no ordinary girl.

lindsey baker beautifulconfusion at xxx.com
Thu Aug 30 22:56:11 BST 2001

hello sinister.

i haven't posed for awhile.

i feel bad about that.

it was never my intention to be a lurker. though my absence here may suggest
so, and my recent return to school may as well.

it was my goal to make new friends. to talk to people and show them how
neat-o i really am.

but i keep seeing people i used to know who hurt me in the past. and now
just go to the paper and work and go to class and sit and go home and listen
to music.

it's too hard to be the first to say the first word.

and it's getting easier to think that maybe i am in the wrong place, or just
a stop on the path that will take me to where i'm really supposed to be.

so does it matter if i'm surrounded by people? or is it better to find the
world in my mouth?

i think the latter. today, anyhow.

i feel like i've written this before. or something similar. so forgive me
for sticking on mundane things i need to drop off from.

my roommate is growing to love b&s.

the reporter sitting next to me smells like my grandfather.

and now i'll go away.

your lindsey lou