Sinister: I Said, Let's Go Out And Have Some Fun

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Thu Aug 30 23:34:54 BST 2001

I didn't go to the Picnic, but I did go to London (briefly) and Scotland and
it was great, quite something for a sheltered girl to finally have done and
so now I get to Report Back. I have observed for four years, the name calls
and shout outs you know. I am afraid there are too many names and moments I
want to share, but I will try to cut it short. I am very thankful for the
kindness, warmth and conversation from all of the people I met over there or
else I would've been a hopeless wandering mess. Thank you for the dear souls
who gave me a place to stay and for the dear soul helping me over to
Stansted. Also, the spell has been broken, the Arctic Woman's frozen stave
has shattered and welcomes you to stay chez Genevieve and ice skate and eat
BeaverTails any time. I did karaoke for the first time and it was a Sinister
Parade...Ken Chu (easy now),Trousers, Carsmile, Lucy, Vicky, Mark, Ally,
Martin, Nick, Elena, Paul, Sally and the wonderful David Moore who I wished
I could've had endless discussions with on Freckled Arms And How To Get
Them. I only knew one Lloyd Cole song upon arrival and yet was still able to
communicate with The Pinefox - it must be the universal appeal of Tractor
Boys. I hope he understood me, although he was actually quite fluent in
Canadian. Everyone was very lovely and I wish I could've talked more with
them.
I took a train, that was exciting. Normally I strap my snowshoes to my back
and leap onto the nearest passing caribou and hope for the best. I got to
take a ferry to Arran and *that* was exciting too, being all alone with my
knapsack I felt a bit like Felicia (well, minus the search for the father of
my unborn baby and being stalked by a murderer) it started to rain and the
winds they were howling and all these rugged Scottish men were out on the
deck, (inhaling sharply the air through their nostrils) with these thin
little tshirts on. I was freezing, but I never went inside, it's great to
have your hair whip around your face while approaching misty green hills.
While I was there the weather was all blue skies and sunny compared to the
grey  of Glasgow and Edinburgh. I took a gorgeous hike around and saw two
postcard perfect boy-backpackers, equally sunny in their own right but with
the added bonus of freckled arms. I have this obsession to go to Skye too,
but that will be for another summer, as I don't think trekking around those
islands in January would be much fun. The Big Cities were wonderful too,
thanks to excellent hostesses Honey and Linda and Carey and her sometime
associate walking tour guide, Lily Cook, a kind and handsome lad. I met
Keith too, he's real you know, smooth by day but Rock by night. There were
lots of other lovelies in Scotland - Calumn, Gavin, Jo, Vodkabird and even
Mistopher Chris, who surprised me (delightfully) with his pythons and soft,
gentle humming of the Rosemary's Baby song. Birthday presents were most
lovingly appreciated, the best I've ever had, really. I finished The
Sopranos on the plane and slept all week in my B&S tshirt.
I still haven't seen Struan (the ice caps might've melted) but his presence
was felt. I did go to the B&S soundtracked movie, not enough room in the
car, so I had to lay across Carey and VickyVodkabird, feeling like I was
being smuggled to the Edinburgh opium dens. I won't comment about the movie
because then I'll just go on too long, but musically, there was only about 3
B&S songs played (one being The State I Am In) and I can't remember. I could
drink beer in the theatre, understand? I saw two members of the band so now
I know that they are real too. I shook one's hand (warm, firm grip) with an
eager HiImGenevieveFromCanada while Carey looked nonchalant and beautiful
and probably wondered why I didn't write FAN across my forehead in dripping
red ink. I did not see the Peacock. I tried Ribena but I don't see the fuss.
I prefer Honey's beverage of choice 'A Touch Of Fruit', which she sips so
delicately. Sadly, I didn't get to stop at the Saccarens Head, but if I had
I would've demanded, Barkeep! I'll have a Touch of Fruit, and could you
please pre-loosen the cap for me? My hands get a tad clammy in this climate,
thankyou. It was sad when I was at the airport to go home, a Scottish man
said Smile Hen! It can't all be that bad? It's no fear of flying like? I
didn't feel shouting down the line back at him that it's hard to smile when
such a fantastic time seems to go by in a flash. Thank you again, I hope to
see you soon.

Love,
Genevieve

It was Struan's birthday a few days ago, I know this not because I am a
Geek, but because it's on the same day as my mother's. Wanted,wanted: Struan
Murdoch. Hair: Strawberry Blonde. Lips: Raspberry. Age: Ten thousand nine
hundred and fifty days (approximately). Profession: Church janitor, or
"popstar". Where are you hiding, Struan? Why are you hiding, darling?

Happy (Belated) Birthday Sinister