Sinister: love is sharing your ribena

james alexander jackson theamazingyellowsneakers at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 31 00:04:20 BST 2001

Hello everyone...
this another post from one of those lurker types...
I've been reading all of the posts from you lovely people,and decided to
contribute a little something myself for a change; Dimitra said something a
while back that people should post if they feel like it, and not hold back
so here goes... (you can wish me luck at this point!)

I had my resit exam in java last week, so I'm getting quite anxious now
about the result. When i think I've done well i get really guilty and think
that maybe I'll fail now simply because i thought it wasn't as bad as it
was... obviously so many days spent like a monk in my room working at this
infernal contraption has left me mildly crackers.

So i went to the seaside with my folks for the weekend, which turned out to
be much duller than usual. I don't really know anyone in the little village
we stay in, and all the people i know in towns nearby were working or on
holidays... still, i went to the beach and that made me feel a bit better,
because it's one of those beaches that's a nice length to walk, and you can
have a good think about stuff while you're walking and be fully armed with
whatever you've figured out by the time you get back... I thought about the
indie thread that's been going on of late; my friend Alan reckons that indie
shouldn't be allowed and ought to banned, so I think anyone who likes indie
music (not quite sure a person can be 'indie' really... i mean, we're all
different so maybe even hear' say fans are indie, maybe everyone is...)
should just smile at non-indie music types and hope that they develop a more
eclectic taste in the future. Although Alan's coming seriously close to
getting a good beating! grrr...

So, er... thanks for listening, thanks for sending so many great posts, good
luck to everyone who's going through 'back to school' trauma, and isn't
Kylie's new song really terrible?! Oh and if there are any other sinister
types in Northern Ireland who fancy going for a pint sometime, please feel
free to drop me a line, especially if you live within 30 miles of Castlerock
and fancy a walk on the beach! :)

best wishes and ribena,
James.
This is pleasurable. Or shall I cross that out and say
it is sad? In one of the tenses I singing
an impossible song of desire that you cannot hear.

Carol Ann Duffy