Sinister: Cay with a C's song

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 31 15:26:29 BST 2001

Have you ever noticed the effects that pigtails have on a person?
A gene that only comes into play when your hair is tightened with two pieces
of elastic must spark it off. Anyway, my hair is now long enough for me to
have two teensy ones at the back of my head which, combined with my glasses
make me look "damn cute" according to the Popkitten. They certainly
contributed to my mood last night, or maybe that was just sparked off from
going to see Josie and the Pussycats.
I had a really boring day at work yesterday (it was the more boring of my two
jobs which involved me placing 1000 labels onto 1000 pieces of paper and
attaching tassels to pieces of cardboard * yawn *) so it was with great glee
that I accepted the Popkitten's suggestion that we go out that night to the
cinema to see something silly and then play DDR. She arrived with freshly
dyed hair, wailing that she was ashamed to show her face in public because
she looked like a Goth (Her hair was supposed to be bluey-black and just
turned out to be black instead) so to cheer us up, we bought a big bag of
sweeties and went to see Josie and the Pussycats. It was well ace! It had Oz
from Buffy as a member of a really silly and highly amusing boyband. The bit
when they emerge after landing in a Metallica gig made me giggle really
loudly. Plus there was a really cute boy in it who looked like one of my old
boyfriend's so that made me super-happy. I really pity anybody who sits in
front of or behind me and the Popkitten in a cinema as we get really loud and
silly and giggle and shout "Yey!" at stuff we like.
After that, we decided to go and play DDR. DDR is aceness…I finally know what
that evil seducer Ken Chu was going on about now. We played it three times,
and I managed to lose my shoe halfway through dancing to "Video Killed the
Radio Star." My little sister is ace at it, she's always there and can dance
on a really fast track on super-advanced level or something. I however am
crap at it. The Popkitten managed to get 37 combos. I only got 2. People kept
watching us too, which was embarrassing, especially when my shoe went flying.
Oops.
For some reason last night, I kept smiling at everybody and everything seemed
to be beautiful and alright in my world. It's not, it never is really. But
for some reason last night, it didn't matter. It just evaporated into the air
as me and the Popkitten skipped along the embankment of the dual carriageway
singing Clinic songs, as I wrote a note to the waitress who served us at
Pizza Hut to thank her for smiling at me and being lovely and that she really
should go and play DDR next door because it rocks more than pop rocks. I sent
silly text messages to the lovely James and ate lollypops and asked the
people at the cinema to give me free posters for my new room.
Perhaps the best bit about last night was the walk home. The bus stop near my
house is only a two minute walk way, and when I got off the bus home from the
cinema, Radiohead's "How to disappear completely" was on my discman. It's
always been my favourite song on Kid A, and when I heard them play it in
Oxford in the rain it was the most beautiful event of the whole evening. I
was on my own, and it was a fairly clear night. You could see the stars
peeping out in the spaces between clouds and the moon gave everything a
gorgeous translucent glow. It was getting fairly cold, which gave the whole
scene an edge to it, made it more real somehow. I always play my music on my
discman loud, much to the chagrin of passengers on buses and trains, and last
night was no exception. Thom's voice swoops down on you from afar, it
ripples, it swells with volume and emotion almost to breaking point, set off
beautifully with the accompanying guitars. It was the lyrics though that
really got to me. I've walked down that road on the way home so many times
and in so many different situations for years. I've skipped down that road,
sang down that road, held hands with various people on the way home on that
road, dreaded what was to come when I reached the end of that road…and it
occurred to me last night that I won't be walking down that road to go home
for much longer. I leave soon to start new things in a different place, leave
the past behind as it were. "In a little while, I'll be gone…the moment's
already past, yeah it's gone…" The music spread through me, it's beauty
seemed to be a part of me. I watched the clouds drift by and counted the
stars and realised how big the world was and how even though I'm going to a
different part of it, the stars and the moon would always be the same, they
would always be there. It reminded me of one night when I was talking to the
boy in the tree on the phone and we both went into our back gardens to look
at the moon together. Even though we were far away from each other, in
different places and environments, we were both looking at the same thing and
therefore in a sense we were together.  All the way home I look to the skies
and the stars and the moon. When I reach my house, I sit on the pavement
outside, look at the sky and play the song again.
I'm sorry this isn't Belle and Sebastian related…but to me it was beautiful.
And if this isn't a list where beauty is discussed on a daily basis then I've
obviously been reading the wrong posts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - -
- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- -- - - - - - -
- -
Manchester picnic people! When, when when!! I'll be happy to help with the
organisation of the whole thing so long as it is in the next three weeks. If
anybody wants to email me about it with offers of help and hugs off list,
then it would really be appreciated. It's obvious that there is a lot of
interest in this thing, and why should London have all the pic-a-nic-ing fun?
As for the end of the Indie-thread saga…hahaha…the powers of Doctor
Photojenni triumph once again. Obviously Mr Chu, as evil as he is, has good
taste and knows my weakness for Vodka and Red Bull. However sir, where are
the maintenance payments for young Pika? Her DDR addiction is getting out of
hand now, and I need to pay therapist bills and the suchlike * giggle * I'm a
bit perturbed at the whole someone-on-list wanting to put me in car crushed
thing though. I'm not that evil. No, honest.

Love and Lollipops
Cay
xXx

P.S. Jim, your post was absolutely lovely. It's always nice to know that
someone sees the beauty prevalent in an often grey world.
P.P.S. Hopefully I've got evil AOL 6.0 problems sorted out now. A
heeeeooooggee huggle to everybody who helped me out and sympathised with the
dire evils of AOL.
P.P.P.S I just got my Benicassim photos back! And there's one of me with
Struan! And he looks absolutely adorable! My mum thought he was my summer
romance when I showed her the pictures, and I haven't yet had the heart to
tell her who he really is…

"Girlfriends? Boyfriends? They come and go,
Now Pickled Onion Monster Munch? They're eternal..."
http://photojenni.diaryland.com