Sinister: If we all went back to another time...

Mikesjobeck at xxx.com Mikesjobeck at xxx.com
Fri Aug 31 21:03:55 BST 2001

One of those astonishing mornings when it seems the entire history
of the planet is all at once converging inwardly upon my delicate, seafaring
nature.
Oh!  You see, I live a seashell toss away from the Pacific Ocean on a little
island actually, here on the coast of California where so often I walk
UN-wearily and rather passionately the complete circumference of these
delightful dimensions!  This morning I brought with me once again the
"beautiful" lyrics and musik of our dear "Belle and Sebastian"  and so I
thought to share a few of my impressions, the way one feels when they are
staggering against a brisk sea-wind, kicking up pebbles and sand and the time
of another age when there appears just beyond the crashing, fragrant surf
signs that you are whole-heartedly ALIVE and CONTENT and the breathing music
only reinforces this!
 A lone gull goes soaring outward upon that golden morning sea...
 The spindrift from the waves are gusting off from the shoreline, coming in
to tickle   your nose and wanderlust spirit...
 "A century of fakers"  (live version)  inspires you to pick up your pace and
bow to imaginary literary figures of the past...
 Here came "Werther"  came  "Onegin"  came "Rashkolnikov"  and  finally
"knulp"
All weaving their saltwater logged bodies  evanescently from out the sea and
into a half remembered world that somehow you have now become a part of?
Ah! And yet again a spooky witch in a sexy dress somehow snaps you out of
it!!  And you go on furthur...
Westward now until in the distance you see once more, weather-beaten redwoods
sliding down from the bluffs and stumbling into the torn surf over a period
of centuries...
The witch has ditched her dress!  Grabbed her dirty broom and now is wearing
red lingeries and nothing else!
She leaps off skyward into the breeze, aloft with the bright morning against
her pale flesh and veers above the tips of those swaying gallows, suddenly
disappearing into the shadowy undergrowth of the forest...
 She will be back!!!
Now you think of other more pressing matters!  And turn homeward bound...
 Only 5 more days until your most "favourite" band in the world is set to
grace the entire WestCoast of America!!!!
You go over your checklist once more but even more excitedly than the last
time!
1966 Satellite tuned and ready to roar 2 thousand miles?  =s YES!!!
Tickets in hand to all shows??  =s YES!!!!   except for Portland, since there
has been a terrible mailing mis-hap you must clear up TODAY!!!
Do you know where all the "pic a nics" will be and when???  Naturally NO!!!
:( Im not a clairvoyant damn it!   But a hell of a frisbee player YES!  :)
Will you write Sinister for Hjelp? ... YES!!!
Will you piss some of them off?  YES!!!!  :0
 Oh!!!!  But you have to exuse my delerium since it is only Sandrine and I
who have always LOVED this band and now they are actually going to make this
epic Voyage!!!!!
 And everyone else on the island have been bombarding us with 3rd class JUNK!
 without the slightest trace of orginal artistic merit  :/   so   YES!!!!
YES!!!!  YES!!!!
My eyes are truely filled with tears of JOY!!!!   And the sea continues, just
as it was....

 The fairest of dreams

 Sjolander

p.s dear sinisters!!!!  please forward any "pic a nic" information:)
much obliged....