Sinister: Diseased Pig Cured

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 31 22:14:29 BST 2001

Hello everyone.

This list has been chock full of beauty and thought and amazing things
recently.  I thought, "this is so wonderful, I think I'm going to sully it
up with a post!"  So here I am...

I'm broke again.  I keep doing this to myself.  Does anyone have any spare
will power they can give me?  I spent an entire paycheck on old New Order
and Felt records last week.  I'm just terribly weak.

I saw the Counting Crows (don't kill me!) in New Orleans on Monday.  The
show was weak, but I was standing in bad area.  Anyway, I found out that
Wilco will be playing there next month, so I'm very excited (and even more
broke).

Did "Get Ready" come out in the UK already?  If so, that's just not fair.  I
can't wait until October <pout pout>.  Perhaps I'll import it.  Is it any
good?

The new Bjork is lovely, although I kinda miss her dancier stuff sometimes.
Some of it reminds me a lot of mum though, especially cocoon.

Kudos to the Runaway Thread, I enjoyed it thoroughly.  Where might I acquire
the film rights?  Who would play Ken Chu?  Perhaps Dame Judi Dench or maybe
Gary Oldman for the Laura Llew cameo.

Speaking of my favorite alliteration, didn't somebody call her a pimp of
books or something along those lines?  Then a rather llurid Llew
sillustration appeared.  Have we know shame?  This is one of our icons
people!  She should be treated with more respect!  I'm only joking of
course.  You're all fantabulous you know.

Too much hot chocolate and ramen noodles.  I'm sweating very badly and
feeling lightheaded.  It will be interesting to read all this in a normal
frame of mind.  I think a bunny just scooted through my office.

What happened with Kirsten Kenyon's friend?  I wish I had someone who wanted
to be like me.  Sadly, I usually want to be like someone else.  I suppose
Kirsten's just that glamorous.

When I read posts, I think of things that I'd like to say about particular
subjects all the time.  I can't remember any of them right now.  Logic
dictates I should not post and wait for something important to say, but with
all this sugar, who needs logic??!!

I need to dance.  All this DDR talk and New Order (and sugar) has made me a
bit hyper.

My sister saw Staind in London the other night.  With all the great bands
coming through London, she sees Staind, who played less than an hour away
from me about a month ago.  What a waste, but to each his/her own I
suppose...

Okay, that's all for now.  I, for one, love dimitra's posts.  Very moving
indeed.

-Matt